What's new

✅ SOLVED Does anybody know when they started maring buckles "SOLID BRASS" ?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,354
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anybody know when they started marking buckles "SOLID BRASS" ?

.. or approximately when?
 
Last edited:
I have seen people post roman buckles that are solid. I assume I don't know what your asking.
 
Upvote 0
I have seen people post roman buckles that are solid. I assume I don't know what your asking.

I had a typo in my original post and tried to edit it, but they typo is still there.
I found a buckle stamped with SOLID BRASS, and I was wondering when they started stamping that into buckles.
Sorry for the confusion.
 
Upvote 0
Creskol, that's a great question, and I don't know the answer, but I do know the solid brass buckles of the 1950s were embossed 'solid brass.'
http://oldcopper.org/list.htm
Breezie
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does sound like a more modern thing to let the consumer know that they got a finer quality product than copper plated pot metal.
 
Upvote 0
Here is the buckle in question ..
-
buckle1.jpg

-
buckle2.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback all! I appreciate it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom