planejet42
Full Member
Does any body know what these are, the item that says B.U.E. Trainer just has a clip on the back that says Morzsany, Budapest on it, and the item that says F,E,C,M,U has just a blank back. Thanks!
Kenosha Kid said:A little more info on the BUE badge; well, the maker (though there isn't much info on him) :
http://lweidemannhv.powweb.com/images/MA02.pdf (scroll down to page 3; DÍSZMÛKÉSZÍTÕ is loosely translated as "fancy creator")
http://www.csendor.com/konyvtar/konyvek/CsendorsegiLapok1942/XXXII evf 15 szam 1942 aug 1.pdf (1942 advertisement; see page 493 ~ it states Jozsef Morzsanyi company, founded 1870, military orders, sports medals, miniatures, etc.)
http://translate.googleusercontent....le.com&usg=ALkJrhjD84ufAXUTNnCV4ocNU_FMHcaX-g (a military order ribbon/badge, etc.; Elisabeth bridge, Klotild palace, founded 1870)
I still can't track down what "B.U.E." stands for, since Morzsanyi seems to have made a wide variety of medals...and not only for Austro-Hungary, but for Romania and others. I did find a link that states the Morzsanyi company "disappeared in 1947". If you've had no luck getting an answer, at the other site I gave you, try this one:
http://medals.extra.hu (you can use the 'translate' button to the upper right)