What's new

Does anyone recognize this little airplane logo? Toy or Aviation?

marble

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
79
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I sniffed out this pin last month and I'd like to plunk an ID on it. It looks like a toy airplane, but it could also be a regular airplane (such as from an aviation company) with softened features for a service pin.

Does anyone recognize what company this might be from?

The maker is a B in a little house, which might be Bastian Brothers. The pin style dates this to after 1965 or so.

Thanks in advance!

-Nancy
 

Attachments

  • pin8290.webp
    pin8290.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 649
  • pin8290a.webp
    pin8290a.webp
    12.5 KB · Views: 580
Welcome aboard, glad you are here...just from the design I would guess that it is a stock design that the company uses. Maybe contacting the company can help
 
Upvote 0
Nancy try to contact Bastian Brothers

Bastian has been the premier manufacturer of custom designed lapel pins for over 100 years and are very helpful in helping ID their products.
 
Upvote 0
That's ok Ron, I figured it out. :)

I'm actually not even certain that the hallmark on the pin IS Bastian Brothers. Can anyone confirm that?

Edited to add: Daroofa, I saw the same site you included last night when I was looking this up. I don't think the mark is Bastian Brothers. Maybe it's Ballou?
 
Upvote 0
The hallmark is not very clear. Can you read it to us? It doesnt say hongkong, does it?
 
Upvote 0
It is an upper case letter B, inside of what looks like a little school house. The other "writing" is the content, e.g.; 1/10 10K GF. It's the hallmark I can't identify. This other pin bears the same mark above the screw post - maybe it's more clear: (No, I guess not.)
 

Attachments

  • pin8286a.webp
    pin8286a.webp
    15 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0
That little "plane" looks like a "Link" trainer that pilots use for instrument flight training. "Link" is the name of the company I am familiar with. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Daroofa.

Monty, wow. Maybe this is a WWII Women Air Force Service Pilot pin? I'll keep looking.

THANKS!!

-Nancy
 
Upvote 0
yep flight trainer --to teach folks to fly :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
10 year flight trainer pin?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom