What's new

Does Anyone Use a Vibra Probe?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,541
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started detecting about 20 years ago I used a Vibra Probe pinpointer. Somewhere over the years I lost it.
When I got back into detecting last year, I bought the Garrett carrot because everyone else was using them.
I will be honest, I am not a fan of the carrot. It seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will be trying to pinpoint a target and nothing! I look to make sure the light is on, and it is. So I power it back on and it comes to life again. It’s a pain in the butt to say the least.
I’ve seen some videos of other popular detectorists using it too, and it’s the same thing. They are questioning if it’s working or not.
That said, I was thinking about buying another Vibra Probe ($135).

Do any of you use the Vibra Probe and do you like it?

https://www.treasureproducts.com/vibraprobe.html

I’m not here to put down the carrot, but it’s just not for me.

Thanks for your input,
MM
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6077.webp
    IMG_6077.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 125
I've had no issues with my XP pointer.
MI-4 & MI-6 are exactly the same except the MI-6 is wireless & pairable with wireless XP detectors.
 
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will be trying to pinpoint a target and nothing! I look to make sure the light is on, and it is. So I power it back on and it comes to life again.
Whenever I first turn my pinpointer on, I wave it across my detector or my shovel or something and make sure it responds. If not, power cycle it and repeat. That way no time is wasted in the hole.
 
When I started detecting about 20 years ago I used a Vibra Probe pinpointer. Somewhere over the years I lost it.
When I got back into detecting last year, I bought the Garrett carrot because everyone else was using them.
I will be honest, I am not a fan of the carrot. It seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will be trying to pinpoint a target and nothing! I look to make sure the light is on, and it is. So I power it back on and it comes to life again. It’s a pain in the butt to say the least.
I’ve seen some videos of other popular detectorists using it too, and it’s the same thing. They are questioning if it’s working or not.
That said, I was thinking about buying another Vibra Probe ($135).

Do any of you use the Vibra Probe and do you like it?

https://www.treasureproducts.com/vibraprobe.html

I’m not here to put down the carrot, but it’s just not for me.

Thanks for your input,
MM
I have one of those sitting in storage, been there now for probably a decade or more.
From what I remember they were waterproof (reason buying it)
Just flipped it over back and forth an it came on.
I kept it for a back up PP and never used it. (it was slightly used when bought)
 
So I bit the bullet and bought a new Vibra probe yesterday. Will be taking it with me on a road trip in March.
Thank you for all the replies.
MM
 
I've had the 585 for a while now and it's great. The only thing is you have to store it on it's side, because if it's tipped up like in your car trunk or something it will come on and stay on and run down the battery. Otherwise its great
 
I've had the 585 for a while now and it's great. The only thing is you have to store it on it's side, because if it's tipped up like in your car trunk or something it will come on and stay on and run down the battery. Otherwise its great
Thanks for that input. I ordered one yesterday. 👍
 
I've had the 585 for a while now and it's great. The only thing is you have to store it on it's side, because if it's tipped up like in your car trunk or something it will come on and stay on and run down the battery. Otherwise its great
What about their "traditional one-minute auto-off battery saver"? :icon_scratch:

There must be something about this PP that I'm not seeing... Seems overpriced (for what it does/what you get) even at the sale price.
 
The Vibra-Probe is my favorite pinpointer in parks and sport fields. I carry it in one hand with a golf ball capped, carbon fiber probe. It detects spot on at the tip, not the side, and vibrates at every target within about an inch. If it doesn't hit, I pull my tethered TRX from my T-Reign key keeper and locate the deeper targets with that. I throttle down the TRX with quick clicks of the power button to reduce the target zone to a smaller area. This way I can quickly probe for the target with the carbon fiber rod and pop it out. Most recoveries happen in 10 to 20 seconds when I use and hit with the Vibra- Probe which is why I love it. The TRX is not seeing the condensed signal the way the Vibra-Probe does and generally requires another 20 to 60 seconds for the recovery. Either way I do not spend time digging and filling holes, another great time saver and no evidence of my activity. I also like that I can use the 9 volt battery that my Tesoro has used up in my Vibra-Probe for another 4-6 hrs.
 
When I started detecting about 20 years ago I used a Vibra Probe pinpointer. Somewhere over the years I lost it.
When I got back into detecting last year, I bought the Garrett carrot because everyone else was using them.
I will be honest, I am not a fan of the carrot. It seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. I will be trying to pinpoint a target and nothing! I look to make sure the light is on, and it is. So I power it back on and it comes to life again. It’s a pain in the butt to say the least.
I’ve seen some videos of other popular detectorists using it too, and it’s the same thing. They are questioning if it’s working or not.
That said, I was thinking about buying another Vibra Probe ($135).

Do any of you use the Vibra Probe and do you like it?

https://www.treasureproducts.com/vibraprobe.html

I’m not here to put down the carrot, but it’s just not for me.

Thanks for your input,
MM
Yes..... i am .... and have always been....... A Fan.
I have owned many Pins ..... only use one... VP-585
I like / love simplistic and built like a tank stuff.
Truly waterproof with no intrusion problems...
no intrusions of water OR dirt that is.
Hold upright to trigger... no buttons etc etc etc.
Love mine LONG time.

I lost my original as well somehow on a beach trip...
I tried to go with the slew of others... but not for long...
immediately replaced mine... was miserable with the other types.
 
Yes..... i am .... and have always been....... A Fan.
I have owned many Pins ..... only use one... VP-585
I like / love simplistic and built like a tank stuff.
Truly waterproof with no intrusion problems...
no intrusions of water OR dirt that is.
Hold upright to trigger... no buttons etc etc etc.
Love mine LONG time.

I lost my original as well somehow on a beach trip...
I tried to go with the slew of others... but not for long...
immediately replaced mine... was miserable with the other types.
Thank you so much for the reply.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom