What's new

Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detectors Operation/Readings?

Arizona Bob

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2007
Messages
549
Reaction score
62
Golden Thread
0
Location
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

I think it's safe to say Japan is in all of our prayers. I was just wondering how much of an increase in radiation would disrupt the operation of my metal detector here in the USA? A corollary to this would be: should I consider using a lead-lined umbrella while detecting? KellyCoChick? Anyone?
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

I do not think that the amounts of Radiation that we will get here in the U.S will be enough to affect anything like a detector .
The amounts that would make it here will be very small .
But is is something that I would keep an eye on .
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Both man and animal will need some protection :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • th_tinfoil-hat.webp
    th_tinfoil-hat.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 390
  • th_tinfoilhatsquirrel.webp
    th_tinfoilhatsquirrel.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 386
  • th_tinfoil-hat.webp
    th_tinfoil-hat.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 387
  • th_tinfoilhatsquirrel.webp
    th_tinfoilhatsquirrel.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 380
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

As long as you don't use a Minelab because it would pick up the umbrella. ;D

By the looks of things it seems like the entire West coast is doomed so you might as well move East and find some oldies. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

I think the media feeds on peoples fears, and when bad news hits around the world it means GOOD news for the media. It's sad to say but I believe this. California is over 5,000 MILES AWAY FROM JAPAN!! The worries and concerns here in America , I think are ridiculous, and everyone here in America should chill!! There won't be any effects from radiation here.
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Forget the detector, KellyCo's running a special on geiger counters. Comes with potassium iodide and a propointer.
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Absolutely

Your control box will be safe but because of the inherent ionizing action of the spacial displacement of
todays coils they are at risk of ground air blagma radiation.

This is a long term double life non-detectecteble type of radiation given off during nuclear power plant
meltdowns and placing people as far away as 10,000 miles in the immediate gravely ill zone.

I have the last three coil cover non ionizing blagma proof as tested to ANZDE standards.

They are not cheap the construction to precision standards are unique in all the world

3 left @ US $30,000.00 or 10,000.00 apiece. I really don't want to break up the set however.

aluminium-foil-containers-584.webp
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Well, what about the pole shift? With a magnetic shift of just a few degrees, the reported target on my detector could actually be more than a foot in another direction! This will result in an increase of hole-digging, thereby rendering the topical landscape a complete mess. :laughing7:
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Arizona Bob said:
Well, what about the pole shift? With a magnetic shift of just a few degrees, the reported target on my detector could actually be more than a foot in another direction! This will result in an increase of hole-digging, thereby rendering the topical landscape a complete mess. :laughing7:

Mmmmm, yes I see that could be a problem. No solution though. Maybe a more experienced member
can chime in on this.

:laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

I'm glad you all can take all this in a light heart!

The fact is it's been here and we have more coming.

We Really don't need any more Loose Radiation floating around. We made enough to last a few thousand year our selves.

Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico has been living with the Radio Activity loosed during the open nuke test done back in the old days all this time. If you check it out, this is when Breast, Testicular, Thyroid and other cancers including Lung cancers started to spike.

In New Mexico here in Deming, Dogs that reside outside have skin tumors from it all the time.

I personally knew 5 people and had a dog died from Leukemia! Does that sound right to you?

I was in the USAF stationed in Athens Greece during the Chernobyl thing.

Greece was one of the last ones to report the readings.

We already figured it out when all the sheep, Goats and live stock disappeared.

The Signs on all the fruit and olive trees with Radio active markers were a clue.

What you don't hear is the scary parts.

A National News outlet stated the Radiation would be minuscule but measurable.

If You can Measure it, It's to much.

We already have enough floating around because of the old day test.


http://en.wikipedia....ation_poisoning
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Everyday I laugh, live, and love like it's my last day here.

I am not a young man but live with no regrets.

If I don't like my environment I move. Mother Nature demands it.

Breath deeply and laugh. I refuse to worry about crazy people and crazy governments and things
beyond my control.

I let God handle all that. He's never let me down and he's the only one that knows how long I will
be around and how I go.

:wink:
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

I guess my question is moot, since the Japanese seem to have solved the radiation problems with their reactors. Whew! Anyone remember that guy who used special lens filters on his camera... then took pictures of the ground... and the irradiated? ground photo showed him where the treasure was buried? ;D
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

I remember that :laughing7:

But my camera is crap it only takes pictures of stuff you and I can see :laughing7:

funniest-animals-ever-06.webp
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Jeep said:
I remember that :laughing7:

But my camera is crap it only takes pictures of stuff you and I can see :laughing7:

ROFLBO Thanks Jeep, I needed the laugh!!!!! :laughing9: Red
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

Chug and Red said:
Jeep said:
I remember that :laughing7:

But my camera is crap it only takes pictures of stuff you and I can see :laughing7:

ROFLBO Thanks Jeep, I needed the laugh!!!!! :laughing9: Red


Hey Red :hello: Love ya'll avatar. Those bunnies have been cracking me up for years :laughing7:
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

I hunt in the shadow of Three Mile Island, sometimes literally and I have never found the escaping radiation has ever affected any of my detectors. While they can become hot to the touch and the Vaquero has grown a tail, they still work as well as the day they were shipped from the factories. I think the threat of radiation is overplayed.
 
Re: Does Increased Radiation Affect My Metal Detector's Operation/Readings?

oldcoon said:
I hunt in the shadow of Three Mile Island, sometimes literally and I have never found the escaping radiation has ever affected any of my detectors. While they can become hot to the touch and the Vaquero has grown a tail, they still work as well as the day they were shipped from the factories. I think the threat of radiation is overplayed.

:laughing9: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom