What's new

Does it get any lower

m bryan

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
691
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
than this? Detecting some dirt piles today and was thinking..."there's got to be some silver in here." Found a clad penney and this was next to it... ;D
 

Attachments

  • school 052.webp
    school 052.webp
    18.6 KB · Views: 747
  • school 053.webp
    school 053.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 751
It's a plastic dime....has the word "copy"printed on the front and back....sorry for the bad pic...
 
I have a plastic Jefferson like that somwhere.

I Can only guess they were with a Plastic Cash Register
 
Awwwwwwwwwww, hahahha I'm sorry but I had to laugh. I feel your pain.
 
Here Ya go
Found in 2000 in a football field

LastScan.webpLastScanaaa.webp
 
Probably play money or made to teach a child to count out change. And by the way , it's been a long time since I've seen anyone who could actually count out change. If the register doesn't show how much change, most clerks are totally lost! Monty
 
Monty said:
Probably play money or made to teach a child to count out change. And by the way , it's been a long time since I've seen anyone who could actually count out change. If the register doesn't show how much change, most clerks are totally lost! Monty

Even if tells them how much they still screw up. I got back $9.20 at Toco Bell last week. The guy was suppose to give me $2.90.
 
Hello Monty I hear that a store in town the electric went off and there were only four people in the store and the doors wouldn,t open because of electric operation and they put two people with pencil and paper on the line and each one added up the items two times each and compared it took over thirty minutes just for a few items for four people, I was one of those people in line and wondered what if? nearly all computers went down. SCARY.
 
I had a similar incident at a convenience store last summer. A storm had knocked the electricity out. If you didn't have the exact change they wouldn't let you buy anything. I asked them why not. I was told because, if the register didn't work how would they know how much change you got back! I just shook my head and went to a store that had power. Monty
 
.................................the Computer will be the down fall of man..............................................................
 
liftloop said:
.................................the Computer will be the down fall of man..............................................................

Already is!
 
liftloop said:
.................................the Computer will be the down fall of man..............................................................
Some are addicted to the computer....but not me.....uh, I can quit any time I want to...really..."whats that? I said I would come to bed after a while! I know it's late and I have to get up in a couple hours. Just a few more minutes"!....
 
Look at it this way,

Somewhere way down the road, that copy will be worth more than the original dime itself :D

I'm talking wayyy down the road ;D
 
I check my email every day, do a little reading and posting on Tnet and another forum, then I'm done for the day. I like to cook so I look up a recipe now and then, or I read something I don't understand and look it up on the net. I do some shopping but very little. My computer is probably idle at least 20 hours a day. It won't be the downfall of we "Babyboomers", but the next generation it might. Most of us like the net and computers but only use them because there aren't any typewriters available any more albeit a few genuine computer nerds do exist. And I see a lot of grade schoolers online with the cartoon games and things. Teenagers (boys) seem to be into computer games and I have seen a few that would stay on all day if you would let them. College age are into the very complicated games, and of course porn that of course they all say they don't watch. But many students do genuinely use the net and computers to study and do schoolwork. I remember when TV would be the ruin of our youth, but we survived it and Rock and/or Roll. Alas, "Those were the days", as the song goes. Monty
 
I'm always getting back too little or too much in change. I always say something either way and when I get too much they are always amazed I said something. Whether they are having an off day or just not the sharpest tool in the shed I don't want to be supporting them trough my taxes. Lets keep as many people employed as possible.

The way things are going with Obama, he may cut out the middle man and just make me write checks out directly to the 'needy'. Don't get me wrong I give time and money to people I feel that really need help and are just down on their luck but I don't believe in socialism. Enough of my rant.

NJ
 
N.J.THer said:
I'm always getting back too little or too much in change. I always say something either way and when I get too much they are always amazed I said something. Whether they are having an off day or just not the sharpest tool in the shed I don't want to be supporting them trough my taxes. Lets keep as many people employed as possible.

The way things are going with Obama, he may cut out the middle man and just make me write checks out directly to the 'needy'. Don't get me wrong I give time and money to people I feel that really need help and are just down on their luck but I don't believe in socialism. Enough of my rant.

NJ

I Won't Lie here. There have been a Few Times
where I Was Given too much & Kept my mouth shut.

There have also been times I Spoke up &
told them they over paid me.

When I Was younger Teens, 20's
I Was more Apt to Keep my mouth Shut.

I was also more apt to Take the loss back
then rather then Argue being short changed.

As I Got older I Always Spoke up either way.

Now even if My Cash register slip
says more then the sign on the food
I Go balistic very loudly.
if they argue they are right, I Make them
refund & Go elswhere even if the price elswhere is even higher. :tongue3: I Never admit I'm wrong
in a store.
 
Sort of reminds me of my initiation on the 1715 fleet.
The first coin I found was a US quarter - non silver.
The next coin was a modern Mexican coin. I did think I was heading in the right direction though!



haha Monty it's sadly so true.

Our first restaurant we used a cigar box and was never short at the end of the day.

These days the registers are short even with the machine doing the math.

Ever hand a cashier a nickle after they punched all the buttons for something like a $2.03 purchase and watch them just stare at it?
 
Or to really mess with look like your them give them a 20 for something that cost 10.87 then when they put 20 into the reg pull out another dollar and then give them 21.00 they really look at you weird :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom