Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went and made a credit card payment. Asked casually if they had any halves. They had $50. Bummer. Not much chance of finding much in that few rolls. I was wrong. I got 34 forty percent Kennedys in five rolls, including a bicentennial silver one. Maybe one error coin, will post pics later today. Tummy hates me.

Upvote 0

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh, I feel like I am doing something wrong. The last bunches I got-
$180 from my pickup bank. I've gotten rolls of 90% here in the past. I got 1 40%
$70 from my pickup bank. 0 silvers.
$110 from a bank where i never get 90% but always get 40% . The teller snipes the 90s and gives me the 40s. 0 from that one.
$50 from that same bank. 0 silvers
$20 from a productive spot 0 silvers
$40 from a bank I used to get lots of 90% this time last year. 0 silvers. I think theres a new sniper in town.
$60 in big dollars in old $20 rolls from a bank I've done nicely at in the past and $30 in halves. 0 silvers. Someone had already looted the rolls and dumped their trash in the old rolls to tease whomever bought them next.
$50 from my new hot pickup bank. 3 40%. Ugh don't cool off now. I NEED you.
$80 in halves from a questionable source that has produced a few teller tray coins. I could see the rolls were marked by a fellow hunter but had already committed to getting them from the vault. 0 silvers.
$7 teller tray coins. I couldn't see anything there but bought them. I heard the clink of silver . 1 40%. Teller next to her has one roll and $10 loose. 0 silvers
Best pickup bank- I call them to tell them I am scooting by at 4:50 and ask if they have halves. Their answer, " Yes but the guy in line (who obviously just heard the teller asking about halves to his teammates) is interested and is buying them all" that bunch of bullsh-- is why you don't call.
The list goes on and on like that for the past few weeks and months. I'm getting pretty fed up. Nice work on those, its been really tough lately. I am on a cold streak the likes of which I've never encountered.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go. IMG_1035.JPG The one by itself is a Bicentennial "S" mint mark in silver. These had to come from one person. One was even marked with a red marker as a reject!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know, Congrats! Wish I could find something in the Coinstar tray...

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did check the coinstar today, two of them - nothing. Mostly I get magnetic coins which aren't worth squat stuck on the magnets in that one kind of "coinstar".

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go. View attachment 1767226 The one by itself is a Bicentennial "S" mint mark in silver. These had to come from one person. One was even marked with a red marker as a reject!

Congrats Smokey,

That's a fabulous hit %. In over 150 boxes searched, I have found exactly 1 Bicentennial S silver.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh, I feel like I am doing something wrong. The last bunches I got-
$180 from my pickup bank. I've gotten rolls of 90% here in the past. I got 1 40%
$70 from my pickup bank. 0 silvers.
$110 from a bank where i never get 90% but always get 40% . The teller snipes the 90s and gives me the 40s. 0 from that one.
$50 from that same bank. 0 silvers
$20 from a productive spot 0 silvers
$40 from a bank I used to get lots of 90% this time last year. 0 silvers. I think theres a new sniper in town.
$60 in big dollars in old $20 rolls from a bank I've done nicely at in the past and $30 in halves. 0 silvers. Someone had already looted the rolls and dumped their trash in the old rolls to tease whomever bought them next.
$50 from my new hot pickup bank. 3 40%. Ugh don't cool off now. I NEED you.
$80 in halves from a questionable source that has produced a few teller tray coins. I could see the rolls were marked by a fellow hunter but had already committed to getting them from the vault. 0 silvers.
$7 teller tray coins. I couldn't see anything there but bought them. I heard the clink of silver . 1 40%. Teller next to her has one roll and $10 loose. 0 silvers
Best pickup bank- I call them to tell them I am scooting by at 4:50 and ask if they have halves. Their answer, " Yes but the guy in line (who obviously just heard the teller asking about halves to his teammates) is interested and is buying them all" that bunch of bullsh-- is why you don't call.
The list goes on and on like that for the past few weeks and months. I'm getting pretty fed up. Nice work on those, its been really tough lately. I am on a cold streak the likes of which I've never encountered.

I don't think you're doing anything wrong - except for not going in front of Smokey in the bank line. That looks like about $650 in halves, so just a little over a box and you still got a few 40%ers. I've had some epic skunk streaks of about 20 boxes without even a single 40%. Maybe its time to try a new bank?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megs, Tommy and I dig together frequently. I know for a fact we don't hit the same series of banks, we live too far apart.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Megs, Tommy and I dig together frequently. I know for a fact we don't hit the same series of banks, we live too far apart.

I enjoyed it when all three of us hunted Coin Beach together. Looking forward to doing that again!

I was joking about the banks. Considering the population, Tommy should be finding more in his CWRs. It will happen.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soon...2.5' tidal inundation tonight. Baltimore City has flooding, without the rain hitting right now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread