Donated new Minelab Go-Finds

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wanted to get it out about a great friend/supporter of our hobby.

Our club on Staten Island volunteers once or twice a week at a Boy Scout camp that has a summer camp open to all kids from June to August. The kids are about 10- mid teens. We use our own detectors along with old donated detectors so we can take the kids out on a big field where they are happy to find neckerchief slides-coins-pocket knives and even a musket ball or horseshoe. Its one of the bigger events for the kids that also do archery, swimming and other sports.

The donated machines were kept in a locked shed along with archery equipment. With the cold this year there must not have been many people around so sometime in February the Ranger discovered the shed broken into and all (Archery and Detecting) equipment was missing. I recall there were about six machines and small diggers along with nail bags .

Ron, from Gold Digger Metal Detectors in New Jersey is a member of the club and a friend of ours, so when the "bad news" email was sent out to the club about the theft, he stepped up to the plate and donated 4 of the brand new MineLab "Go-Finds" when they come out.

If you ask anyone that has helped at this summer camp I think they would all say this is the single event that does the most good for the reputation of MDing and gets the most new detectorists into the hobby.

Ron isn't going to tell this story but we should know it happened. Thanks Ron for saving the up coming 2015 detecting season for these kids.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Ron!
Summer Camps can be wonderful experiences for children.
I was introduced to target shooting, archery ��, equestrian, water sports, tennis ��, hiking/camping, woodworking, plants, rattle snakes, hard work and much more at a summer camp as a kid. I recommend it.
Peace ✌

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good karma Ron!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread