Dont know about you...

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, been rough down here too..

b82f1cccfd71bbad6027644fce466988.jpg

β€œA well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

I like how you see every state in extreme coldness with most of the midwestern states in -16 degree weather and then you have Florida with 82 degrees lol.

Last edited:

frojones

May 3, 2014
Wise, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I do more detecting at night than in the day. Of course places like schools are off limits after dark, but I have a few town owned hunting spots that I regularly hit when the sun goes down. I just strap on my headlamp and start swinging! So don't let the night keep you from the hunt!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mid 80s today, low of 64 tonight...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

β€œA well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

Last edited:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Mid 8os today, low of 64 tonight...

― James Madison

Now I really want to move to Florida! That is as hot as summer over where I am!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I really want to move to Florida! That is as hot as summer over where I am!

I'm in T-shirt, shorts and sandals, sitting on patio of Wing House drinking a beer and waiting on my hamburger, got one of my parrots with me....

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Dark" never stopped me.

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On top of all this WAITING... my boss asks if I can come in on my day off... the only nice, WARM day this week!!
Oh for the love of CHEESE!! LOL

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem over here on the west side of the Cascades Jedi....I just take my little Stihl trimmin' saw with me!! I find a good target...crank up the saw and cut out a plug. Only thing is, packin' my detector and saw gets a little tiresome!! :laughing7:
Same here in Oregon... It is a bummer... I used to be able to be out detecting by 5 am and now it is 7:15 am before I can see the ground :( Also have to dodge the pouring rain.
Still cant complain to much here, I feel for everyone that lives in heavy snow areas and can only detect so many months per year :(
Starting last Friday, I took of from work until 1-5-2015, so I am going to get some detecting time in :)
Good luck in Texas...

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh waahh!! :censored:
Yeah, been rough down here too..

b82f1cccfd71bbad6027644fce466988.jpg

― James Madison

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The short days and long nights can be a downer; but they're changing as we speak. We've had snow on the ground since Christmas Eve. Some melted, more has been added. We had light snow off and on for the last 3 days. Today we have some sunshine, but cold. It was 5 degrees here yesterday and again this morning. Yesterday's high was about 20, today's is to be 24, low tonight about 16. I love the snow when I don't have get out in it, but sometime wish I was back in Texas!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you can find some good days when the ground isn't frozen. I have access to railroad property and like to get out in the chat when other areas are frozen. It depends on how much moisture is in the chat though before it gets cold. It can be some easy hunting though even in cold weather if conditions are right.

You do realize RR is private property...

― James Madison

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I had permission on this property.

Permission from the railroad?

― James Madison

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rail Road easement is private property, the only people who can give permission to hunt railroad easement is the railroad or the utility company that has utilities buried there....

― James Madison

Last edited:

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least you can still hunt. On top of the short hours of daylight, it doesn't get above freezing here. The ground is as hard as a rock under 6" of snow. I feel like the kid at the prom sitting on the sidelines while everyone else dances.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a difference between looking for plants and digging. I worked for fiber optic company, we had buried fiber lines along rail roads, we allowed no one to dig there. There are 10s of thousands of miles of fiber buried in easements along rail roads and it is illegal to dig on them with out permission from utility company who has lines buried along RR... We had people who were digging without permission after warning arrested orr ticketed...

― James Madison

Last edited:

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure you've probably already tried it....

L.E.D. Head Lamp = Hands free, and notional daylight ;)

Sluice Box

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread