What's new

Dorchester token 1666

oldbenny

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
44
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Location
weymouth
Detector(s) used
xpp goldmaxx 2 garrett at pro mienleab excailbur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love this hobby ... out this morning found this token 1666 Dorchester farthing token loads of junk but ok then 42 on the AT_Pro and two inches down this token in poor condition on one side but the other clear this is the second one I have found in this area
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    179.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 008.webp
    008.webp
    154.2 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 24
l love finding tokens, well found ! Hutch/
 
That is one heck of a token! Congrats on such a great find!
 
Gloucester City Farthing 1669

Gloucester rather than Dorcester. These tend to be local finds, because people didn't travel that much & they were only exchangable in 1 particular shop. Although some towns/streets had local agreements to take each others tokens.

Good find in my books!
 
Last edited:
That's a really cool find. Love it
 
Great find and thank you for posting what it rang in as.
 
Sweet find! Congrats! You guys have such nice older relics and coins over there.
 
Very nice. I can only dream of making a find that old.
 
Very nice. I can only dream of making a find that old.

Good luck, I hope it happens some time :thumbsup: The one coin I have from the mid 1600's is a toasted common small one nothing even close to how unique the token the OP found.
 
Nice one, what can you say about this hobby, oh I guest you did.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom