What's new

double fluted what is it?

traderoftreasures

Bronze Member
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
central, Illinois
Detector(s) used
white's spectrum VX3
Found this on private property. I know it's a point. What i don't know is if it's paleo or earlier? I have found a double fluted clovis near by, and it was for sure 10000 to 13000 years old. But this piece, i don't know yet. Does it have a name? Age?
 

Attachments

  • df1.webp
    df1.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 431
  • df2.webp
    df2.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 404
I would consider those basal thinning flakes and not flutes... Fluting was intended to thin the middle of the point. Those are more directed to from the side and no evidence of a preparation platform is found...

Alan
 
Upvote 0
:o :o :o

I can tell you exactally what that is.....bloody nice :headbang:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Raddatz Side-Notched points. 3000-1200 B.C (Middle Archaic). Type location Raddatz Rock Shelter Site, Sauk County, WI. "Very common in the southern half of the state [Wisconsin]."

Similar: Madison, Reigh, Preston, Monona. All Archaic.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
2
Views
431
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Mystery coin
Replies
4
Views
559

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom