Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm especially looking for a Dar-nel rod, Carl Anderson mineral rods, Spanish dip needles from ~1900, documentation for Spanish dip needles, and any 1970's/80's era LRL. No Electroscopes, but I would like to find a "Kinetic Magnum Shield" accessory.

For most of this stuff, even a loaner would suffice. I am willing to pay for a loaner and can guarantee its return.

Thanks,
Carl

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Carl
This is all i can find ,no phone number ...1998 add in Treasure Magazine.
Says he sold thousands,must be one around .
Gary
Picture 147.jpg

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Recently I met a person with a "spanish needle". very elaborate in a wood case like you would have for a pool cue. Said it would find gold nuggets.
I do not believe in these things, so we tested him.
We blindfolded him and put him in a closed room. then we placed a small 1/8 inch gold nugget outside in the parking lot.
We turned him loose and he without hesitation (while blind folded) walked directly to the nugget with the "spanish needle" tugging him in that direction (blindfolded).
When he got over the nugget, he stopped and the spanish needle started orbiting wildly in a circle directly above the nugget.
I still dont believe and I saw it with my own eyes?????
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PS: I tried it and it did not work for me "because I do not believe". Although it do some "tugging", not like it did for the bllindfolded owner. HMMMMMM
If you are ever in New Mexico, I can hook you up with this individual, it is a very "elaborate" spanish needle. Dont know how old it is.
wr

OP
OP
Carl-NC

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, they don't work, they were sold around 1900 as a classic "snake oil" device. It's just a variation of a dowsing rod. I have a couple of them, mostly looking for documentation, but I'd buy another one if it's different from what I have. If you don't know how to properly run a dowsing test, then it's pretty easy to get fooled by one. I work in El Paso, maybe I can meet up with your friend some time and see what he can do with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread