What's new

Dragoon Camp?

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
1,158
Reaction score
488
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

  • Dragoon Camp.webp
    Dragoon Camp.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 220
What are these like military camps?
 
What are these like military camps?

The second column tells you what it is. Like,

Spring
Reservoir
Building
Summit
Locale
Ridge
Canyon
Airport
Etc.

Looks like pretty much everything in Az.
 
the 'dragoons rode out of ft huachua...or ft apache...or ft bowie...
the dragoon mountains are cochise stronghold...two trails into the dragoons...east and west ...three trails were used to 'secure' the area...by the dragoon and other troopies.
upper march, middle march, lower march...a stagecoach stop was at the ranch on middle march...still there last time i was in the area...
any camps, out side the camps that became the points listed above... were temporary, and not on any maps i have seen of the area...
 
the 'dragoons rode out of ft huachua...or ft apache...or ft bowie...
the dragoon mountains are cochise stronghold...two trails into the dragoons...east and west ...three trails were used to 'secure' the area...by the dragoon and other troopies.
upper march, middle march, lower march...a stagecoach stop was at the ranch on middle march...still there last time i was in the area...
any camps, out side the camps that became the points listed above... were temporary, and not on any maps i have seen of the area...

Speaking of Middle March, you know anything about the town? I've been there several times but doesn't look like there was ever much of a town. The mine is quite interesting and looks like there maybe more copper there. I'd hate to see that area get strip mined.
 
i am not up on the town site...i will do some research on it...
there has been copper found next to the west entrance to the stronghold...some canadian corp is pushing to open pit the area...

insanity rules
 
i am not up on the town site...i will do some research on it...
there has been copper found next to the west entrance to the stronghold...some canadian corp is pushing to open pit the area...

insanity rules

Canadians again! What's up with them?
 
i am not up on the town site...i will do some research on it...
there has been copper found next to the west entrance to the stronghold...some canadian corp is pushing to open pit the area...

insanity rules

I guess I could get around to reading one of my books on mining. I have History of Mining in Arizona Vol. I, II, III. I'm sure it would be in there. One website called it a mining camp not a town and said there was 100 people that lived there. I have so many books to read and so little time.
 

Some interest information.

I've got a book on the Dragoon mountains that I've read before. I don't remember it saying anything about the town. Its got 10 pages on Middle March. Pretty much just information on the different mining companies, how much was taken out, who the people were. I'll have to read it again. So I'm guessing it was just a mining camp.
 
Word to the wise...Do not use a torch to try to kill any stinking bugs in a mine shaft...Unless you are wearing scuba gear...hehehe...It can take your stinking breath away...

And I did not mean ASHoles...Paws...LOL

Ed T


your knowledge base is remarkable.
 

Well I didn't think I would get such a response.

As for that remark above? I am at a loss as to what it means, stems from. I will hunt Dragoon stuff anytime.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom