What's new

Draped Bust no date?

Electricbutter

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2017
Messages
404
Reaction score
1,500
Golden Thread
1
Location
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone narrow down a year for me? I think it’s a large fraction? With the 1797 Reverse. Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

After pics
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587697935.588345.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587697958.294191.webp

Before

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587698081.264971.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1587698101.374332.webp
 
That is a nice find even in worn condition. Hopefully someone can narrow down the year for you. :)
 
Upvote 0
Any 18thc coin find is beautiful, hope you're able to get an exact date. :thumbsup:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a 2 at the end.

1802 LC.webp
 
Upvote 0
Well that’s one way to do it (lol) You have a sharp eye my friend. Thanks for the help.
 
Upvote 0
I dug the same coin last month and could only guess at the date. I “think” mine is 1803, I’ll post a pic
 

Attachments

  • DEABE977-D1D3-4324-B56F-0BEF03BE13EC.webp
    DEABE977-D1D3-4324-B56F-0BEF03BE13EC.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 8853D991-CB20-4E0F-85EA-DCB9C9D22CD4.webp
    8853D991-CB20-4E0F-85EA-DCB9C9D22CD4.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Try shining a flash light horizontally across the surface ...this can show details not seen otherwise
 
Upvote 0
Nice coin! Too bad these coins turn to dust in the ground.
Yes sir, I’ve only had a hand full come out with decent detail and they are usually found on higher ground. The sandy soil of cape cod is the place to find them but as long as you can ID it, you’re doing good!!! Nothing worse than a slicky
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom