Dredge Jet Log size

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless your going to change out the mats, I'd scrap this idea because those mats won't handle the amount of water your talking about running... The top box looks like 80 - 100gpm max. I love dream mat but you need to rethink this because even idling the motor will scalp that bottom section. Cavatating a pump that runs 380gpm down to 100gpm or less for those mats doesn't add up. Then, you want 125gpm to 175gpm for a 2½" suction hose to pull the rocks not only thru but up to the top box... Run your highbanker as is, it's a great design, but it's a far cry from a gold dredge.

OP
OP
I

ihatethese

Jan 15, 2024
Wasilla, Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Unless your going to change out the mats, I'd scrap this idea because those mats won't handle the amount of water your talking about running... The top box looks like 80 - 100gpm max. I love dream mat but you need to rethink this because even idling the motor will scalp that bottom section. Cavatating a pump that runs 380gpm down to 100gpm or less for those mats doesn't add up. Then, you want 125gpm to 175gpm for a 2½" suction hose to pull the rocks not only thru but up to the top box... Run your highbanker as is, it's a great design, but it's a far cry from a gold dredge.
Thank you. This is a refreshing reality check one doesn't usually get in this day'n'age. It gave me the information I didn't have before I started the build and showed me things I needed to consider that I didn't take into account.
when I originally started this Highbanker they didn't have posted flow rates for the dream mat, and likely yes, I am blowing out gold. You are probably 100% right here, and I may just be sticking to highbanking until I can get a Dredge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread