Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cptbil said:
As I mentioned in my post, he buried his paper money in wooden boxes, w/no nails !
As would, you or I!

This sounds like a bunch of "bolognie". If this person was too smart to bury his money in or with any objects of metal, then he was smart enough to NOT use wood boxes that R-O-T ! If this person exists, then he would have used sections of PVC pipe and capped them with glued end caps. Then, used a posthole digger to "plant" these pieces, VERTICALLY in the ground to lessen the cross-section of disturbed earth. A REALLY intelligent crook, wishing for a long termed cache, would bury several sections of pipe in a close formation, and plant a healthy tree over them as a screen.. He would have used a local species of an evergreen variety. This technique would be for a future recovery after a long jail term.

If you're experienced at researching into and recovering bootlegger caches, then use the same methods for druggie monies. Drug dealers are no more intelligent than bootleggers of old---probably LESS intelligent. Cache hunters today should keep one salient point in mind. There are no new places and methods of hidding valuables---just new faces who THINK they have new P&Ms. Everyone of those folks truly believe that they are smarter than the next guy and no one can ever convince them otherwise.

This is my never humble opinion. :icon_study: :coffee2:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
This is a fun thread!

Pretty old... and Achilles hasn't been around for six months...

I'd say anything buried is 'around back' somewhere!

Yep, I just saw "No Country for Old Men" last night...

It's a good flic... rather dark, but it's good. Not TOO much stoopid stuff.

Among my favorites is that Bill Paxton, Billy Bob Thornton movie, "A Simple Plan."
THAT, seems how things could go, quite easily.

I'll say one more thing about Achilles tale, though...
If there is something of considerable value still buried, those characters will be coming back for it.

There's local history, here where I live in California, of a whole family that was brutally slaughtered by desperados who THOUGHT the man was hiding a considerable amount of gold.

Don't think I'd even be interested in property with a cloud over it, like that...
I'll stay on the straight and narrow, myself!

rmptr

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chong2 said:
ever see NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN ? :-[

I haven't seen the movie, but have seen the previews. That is the very reason that I do NOT hunt for druggie monies or anything else they have. Old time bootlegger caches and other valuables are interesting enough. I don't need the drama and other crap that goes with drug stuff. That money is "tainted" enough from the ruined lives that produced it.

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
Look at it on Google Earth. You might be able to pick up some places that look like they have been dug. Heck, it's free and it won't take much time to take a look.

John K

al-nm

May 8, 2008
new mexico
Detector(s) used
6000xlpro
maybe he found one of the boobie trap grenades on the land. hope he had some coins in his pockets so some hunter can find him someday.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rifleman--

Don't know if the resolution of Google Earth is good enough to spot average sized cache hideholes.
I've never seen that kind of res on the "free" Google, but maybe the "pay" Google has it.

al-nm--

You're on the right track with the boobie trap idea. I've read that druggies use explosive boobie
traps on trails to their large growing spots. For a hidden cache, they could modify the idea using
the old "zip gun" technology built with shotgun shells reloaded with a couple of ounces of C-4
or Semtex. That arrangement would takeout the snooper, but not destroy the goodies.

I say again, I don't fool around with any of that stuff because there's more "good" caches hidden in every county of every state of the union, than could ever be researched and recovered in any one-person's lifetime. :icon_study::coffee2::thumbsup:

I had enough "drama" in Viet-Nam. I won't go looking for more, but if it comes looking for ME......that's a different kettle of "mystery" meat.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Tupperware makes a great weathertight cache box too. Hunt a 1000 acres one step at a time and keep track of were you've searched to prevent retracing your steps. Dealers can make so much money it's hard to keep track of and is just evidence that needs to be hidden. Once the new income stops the old hidden money becomes important again.

catdriver

Jul 12, 2008
achillies said:
Well Ill give you the cliff notes version......
Afriend of mine got 1000 acres from the government in a silent auction. It was taken by the government from a drug dealer that owned it since the early eighties. the drug lord was from california and bought the property for his use(he would only fly out to missouri to visit the property 2 or 3 times a year. there are no buildings except for a house that was torn down in 93. he had a guy that lived there specifically to watch the land and during this time several local people "disapeered" after having buisness contacts with this man. i know the local sheriff pretty well and he said hes sure there is money , guns, and corpses on this property. they couldnt find them because of the size of the land. i have permission from the owner to hunt this land. where should i start? 1000 acres is alot of land. there is also a lost cemetary on the property where the headstones were removed . ive narrowed the hunt for the cemetary to a plot of 40 acres...........any ideas???????? anyone in missouri willing to help? this is NOT a one man job!!!!!!

Sounds like you bought some property down here in the meth capital of the U.S. Benton County Mo......

Me an my neighbor are both old farts with MD's.....but I do own a dune buggy that'll go just about anywhere if the trees are far enough apart...hehe

Attachments

• dunebuggy.jpg
    dunebuggy.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 3,655

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
That is a really pretty buggy. Looks like it hasn't ever been off-road, did you just buy it?

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C'mon Catdriver.... You can't just post a picture of a buggy as nice looking as that one & not brag on it! How bout some specs? Did you build it, what engine was the frame kit or scratch built. If you built it, you need to do some braggin! Needless to say, fine looking buggy!

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
SCORPION GOLD STINER, GTI 1500, gti 2500 ,VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Name:

achillies

8 (0.003 per day)

Position:

Tenderfoot - Next Posting Level (Greenie) in 2 posts.

Date Registered:

Jan 21, 2005, 06:35:55 PM

Last Active:

Oct 01, 2007, 08:52:43 AM

Email:

[email protected]

Current Status:

got his email see if he still out there

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
SCORPION GOLD STINER, GTI 1500, gti 2500 ,VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Connecticut Danny said:
Start searching near where the house was. Best of luck to you.

Name:

achillies

8 (0.003 per day)

Position:

Tenderfoot - Next Posting Level (Greenie) in 2 posts.

Date Registered:

Jan 21, 2005, 06:35:55 PM

Last Active:

Oct 01, 2007, 08:52:43 AM

Email:

[email protected]

Current Status:

got his email wonder if he will answer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread