Dry gulches N. of Vegas

digsholes

Nov 19, 2015
Henderson NV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody have luck detecting for nuggets north of Las Vegas off either the 15, 95 or 93? There seems to be a bit of BLM ground in that direction with a lot of dry washes most of the year that is accessible somewhat close to private, Native and the DOD off limits areas that I won't mess with.

http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/b...06.File.dat/nv_reference_blm_cnty_11x17_2.pdf
http://www.blm.gov/style/medialib/b....Par.1700.File.dat/LVFO_Map_100dpi_200907.jpg

I might try to do some detecting up that direction but I wanted to hear if others have had any luck in the past.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No luck yet in vegas area. Meaning i have not

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen people poking around them but I don't know what they found.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been detecting all over around vegas, no gold yet, but i was panning by 93 close to rye patch and found some flakes at lakemead, din not stay i was going to california to the san gabriel river for panning, and ending loosing the lakemead spot. Never was able to find it again. The only thing i remeber it was an abandoned boat ramp. On the west side of the river.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know about dry gulches in that area But.That main road (Route 15) that connects Vegas to Big Bear Mt. Calif is LOADED with mines(and caves) for a good 120 mile stretch..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread