What's new

Dry Sand Gold & More Bizarre Finds

SoCalBeachScanner

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2013
Messages
610
Reaction score
547
Golden Thread
0
Location
Coastal Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
I skipped scanning in the surf today and decided to hit the dry sand along with areas next to a bike trail on the beach that has a lot of trash in the sand.

I started very early and hit a 14k Gold Band as the sun was coming up that I thought was another pull tab or nickel. I'm on a one per week gold rush lately, I hope it continues.

I found my first coin from the Netherlands, a little silver man that may or may not be actually silver, big round brass tag that need extensive cleaning to see the 527 on it, junk jewelry, bike parts, bottle opener, keys, toys, glasses, token, clad that is not shown, and who knows what else.
Plus a very nice sunrise

Thanks for Looking.....


sand1.webp--sand2.webp--sand3.webp


sand4.webp--sand5.webp--sand6.webp
 
Upvote 0
You never know what your going to find. Swing it till your arm falls off.
 
Nice hunting - Congrats!
 
little silver man is interesting. Sometimes the items value is of secondary importance to me. Thanks for sharing.
 
You never know what your going to find. Swing it till your arm falls off.

Had to take a break today ... It feels like my swing arm and scoop arm is ready to fall off.
 
Thats a gold day. I mean gold day. Wait good day that's it. Ahh the elusive gold. Nice hunt. Killer streak.
 
Nice finds! Pass that streak this way, I'm in a multi-month gold slump!
 
Nice score. I actually love to clean out those trashy beach areas slowly. Most hunters will avoid them due to the trash so there is always something good to find if you're patient.
 
Very nice hunt , SCBS...love the ring and the little silver ( looks like silver to me) man.

Interesting hunt, and I love the photo set -up

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom