What's new

✅ SOLVED Dug Gun Parts, need expert opinion

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2022
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
3,692
Golden Thread
0
Location
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok so after reading florida finders recent fort hunt sucess (he found a gun part) I realized I need a little help in ID-ing some I found in the past. These three items were dug at different sites. The small lockplate I believe is from an enfield or other civil war era gun(but ihni really). Bigger one has a mizzen? and really no clue on that one (found very old pewter buttons on that site). The brass piece could be a sideplate from a firearm or a keyhole slide from a padlock but it would have had to be one big lock. Any help would be appreciated as I've taken a stab myself but a lot of the gunparts look the same to me, just not my field of expertise.

I cannot run a big electrolysis tank where I live currently due to pet safety issues so I did not include rear photos, didnt think they would help but I will if needed for a better ID. Thanks for looking and to the community for educating me and helping me grow as a preserver of history.
 

Attachments

  • gunparts.webp
    gunparts.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Upper left is a percussion lock. Low center a flintlock. Upper right might be a side plate or not firearm related at all.
 
Upvote 7
Upper left is a percussion lock. Low center a flintlock. Upper right might be a side plate or not firearm related at all.
Thank you Charlie, I will go ahead and mark the thread as identified but if anyone else has any more information please comment below.
 
Upvote 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom