Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today Brad and I were hunting a field and not finding anything, and I saw an old farm across the road. I told Brad I was going to go knock on the door and ask if we could hunt his yard.

The guy answered, I ask him and he said sure, but you will not find anything, because I detect and I have cleaned this yard out.....lol :laughing7: :laughing7:

I love when they say that, to me that is a challenge!.......anyhow, I found a couple wheats, then an injun, my #49 for the season, I knew I needed one more to hit my last goal I set for the year, 5 minutes later, I got a scratchy penny signal, and it turned out to be an Injun....#50 for the season...YES!!!! all 3 goals met for the year, wooHOOO!!! :thumbsup: :hello2:

couple minutes later I dug a real nice 1914-D barber dime, and got a few more wheats to end the day.

Not going to find anything....I keep hearing him saying that in my mind!!! ;D

I guess he doesn't use a MINELAB!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing9:

S6303727.jpg

S6303730.jpg

S6303728.jpg

Upvote 0

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Looks like it wasn't hunted out after all. :laughing7:

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, that was a terrific hunt! Just wondered--did the homeowner ever find out about your success?

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
terpfan said:
Way to go, that was a terrific hunt! Just wondered--did the homeowner ever find out about your success?
nope, he left while we were hunting and did not return before we had to leave

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daytondigger said:
Congratulations, always nice to find the goods at a place someone thinks is cleaned out. :icon_thumright:
thanks Steve, it does make u feel good to find something in a place like that. Even cooler to go over an area your detecting partner just went over and find something they missed....lol

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gorgeous coins, G4E. All the better to dig them from a hunted out site :icon_thumright:

There may be more stuff there still. I often wonder how many of those "nail" signals are really just very deep coins on edge.

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusted_Iron said:
Gorgeous coins, G4E. All the better to dig them from a hunted out site :icon_thumright:

There may be more stuff there still. I often wonder how many of those "nail" signals are really just very deep coins on edge.
one I do at old houses, is dig iffy signals, I dig a LOT........I don't want to leave a goodie behind just because I am too lazy to dig........I just dig anything that sounds half way iffy....lol

S

seger98

Congratulations on hitting your goal, nice looking Barber as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions