Dumb mistake closed public pool property

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For 2 years before the closed city pool was scheduled to be bulldozed, I would go around the perimeter of the chain link fence, getting as close as I could. Every summer I got about a dollar or two from the freeze heave. I knew the pool employees hosed down the deck before leaving for the day, But I never thought about digging under the fence next to the deck. I should have dug there and used my pinpointer to hand sift the dirt, away from the fence. The pool opened in 1964 so there was probably a decade's worth of silver in circulation. Come to think of it, a post hole digger would have also been a wise choice.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected under a lot of bleachers at parks with any kind of ball fields.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use a pinpointer under bleachers.
I've ventured under grandstands, and I headed out of there realizing folks deposited way too caps and pull rings for my patience.
Drive-in theaters were a close second.
I'm sure there's lots of good things though.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've ventured under grandstands, and I headed out of there realizing folks deposited way too caps and pull rings for my patience.
Drive-in theaters were a close second.
I'm sure there's lots of good things though.
I have found gold rings and couple gold charms/pendants.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm intrigued. Doesn't it still go off within a foot or so of the frame, or do you just not bother near the iron?
I have gotten pretty close to the iron structures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread