What's new

Dump Bank: What do you look for?

scotty1418

Full Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
After my large faux-pas well detailed in an eariler post ;) I'm trying to plan which bank in the area to best use as my dump bank.

I'd love to hear the perspective of experienced collectors. Do you only go to banks that have automatic counters? Credit unions? Simply one that has good service?

How do you decide to use a bank as your dump location?

Thanks in advance
 
Upvote 0
I go to the one that doesn't complain! And I also dump at casinos!
 
One of my dump banks is a branch which in the beginning was a supply bank. Then one day I went in for a box of nickels and they said they had none. Two other times I went in for nickels and they said they had none. So the third time they told me they had no nickels, I told the teller to wait a minute and I would give them some. Went back out to the car, got a box of nickels and a deposit slip and dumped a box. Been dumping there ever since.

FL Junkman
 
I look for one that has a large national network. BoA gets most of my dumps. I have three branches in my town, and countless others when I'm on a roadtrip. Also, BoA is serviced by Brinks and my supply is serviced by Loomis. Only problem is that BoA doesn't accept loose coin for deposit. Consequently, I have to re-roll the dumps. Not such a big deal as I'm not shorted at the coin counter.
 
i look for a bank with a cummings coin counter that i can use for free, and a bank that is serviced by brinks
 
It's got to have a counter and/or will take bags of loose coin for immediate refund.
 
I agree with fist. I have a credit union that does not charge or treat me poorly and has a coin machine that deposits directly to my account. If you cannot find one with a counter just find a bank that won´t charge you for dumps. Make sure they know in advance that you will be depositing large amounts of coin so there is no animosity later

Golden Silver
 
i look for the following:
1- free counter in lobby
2-bank that doesn't complain
3-bank that i have an account at
if none of the above can be found i go back to the bank with the rudest teller and dump away ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom