1715_Fleet.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 58

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Bernard Romans's A Concise Natural History of East and West Florida 1776?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The Dutch ship reference is to the Hollandesa, which was a captured Dutch ship.

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That information is only of use if you have the rest of the story and then you need a bit more information before the real value of it is realised.
They will also need permits and the ability to survey and excavate. If anyone can bring all these things together then I wish them good luck, one thing I like to hear is someone having good fortune and getting on in life.

Clue is:

life is a game of inches they are all around us.

OP
OP
O

Oceanscience

May 23, 2010
Dont bother Boat...

Dood is obviously just here for US to do the work FOR him and split.

Simple searching for a few minutes online would have yielded the results he wanted... and when we throw an extra "bone" in an attempt to turn the "user" into a member...

Ignored.

So... we can now both from here... play this lame game. heh

Not sure why someone from "VE" (wherever and whatever that is) would have an interest in this location information to begin with... this info is long been verified as "off".

not like he or she from anywhere else will ever get anywhere near any wrecks here anyway through it... or involved in any way with any wrecks here with this or any information gained.

That ship has sailed LONG ago. heh

WTF I am doing on this forum, you ask. Yeah I am asking myself the same thing. Not really. There are kind people with a lot of knowledge here. I made a f-up and needed some help. I got the help. Great.
You are not happy with it? That is your privilege. But maybe I can make your day if I tell you what happened.
I was looking for information about the “Santa Rosa” 1817, in the Bahamas. Starting point was Bob Marx’s book “Shipwrecks in the Western Hemisphere”. Then I fell on an interesting source of information, mentioning the salvage of 60,000 pesos in the Bahamas. I got all excited and followed the trail books and documents, opening about 20 windows on the computer.
Then started to extract what seemed somewhat useful or interesting.
Then I effed up and hit the wrong key and everything was gone. Where was my source of information now? All gone, the only thing left was this excerpt and I did not remember where I got it from. I asked for help. I got help. I am grateful for it.

OP
OP
O

Oceanscience

May 23, 2010
That information is only of use if you have the rest of the story and then you need a bit more information before the real value of it is realised.
They will also need permits and the ability to survey and excavate. If anyone can bring all these things together then I wish them good luck, one thing I like to hear is someone having good fortune and getting on in life.

Clue is:

life is a game of inches they are all around us.

Thank you for the kind words.
I am not really interested in the 1715 fleet. Been there, done that etc.
At present interested in the Bahamas. Been there, done that too, 40 years ago. So it is a matter of nostalgia. Good memories, bad memories, but still memories. Better wallowing in memories than getting cabin fever, with lockdown and all.

OP
OP
O

Oceanscience

May 23, 2010
Perhaps if this was stated... along with a simple "like" or ANY acknowledgement.... this would have never happenend.

And too bad i deleted my original post... for... also perhaps that would have clarified WHY i said what i said.

It all boils down to this analogy...

Like holding the door for someone... and they just pass by without saying anything to you.

It too HERE... is considered... Rude... and lame.

I have to give you reason here. My manners were bad. No excuse. fact is, I should have thanked everyone who has helped. I offer my collective apologies and collective thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions