What's new

DY digger

captbo

Full Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
214
Reaction score
173
Golden Thread
0
Location
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see how you folks have built or modified your diggers
 
This should be a good thread! I have some ideas but haven't tried them yet.
 
I do as well My plan is to find a shovel I can use standing, Make a template or pattern and modify the blade as I see it working better,, thanks to a folder jacket for the pattern template stock and a plasma cutter !
 
I have a full size pick that I cut the handle shorter and wrapped it in tennis tape.
 
I used a long handled garden spade, about 4 inches wide, 18 inches long. You could use it like a shovel and give it a kick to dig. Used it for,a couple of years and still have it, but decided I like a Lesche digger better even if it means getting down to dig.
 
I have a sheet of Aluminum laying around I use to match paint colors. I am thinking about repurposing it into a saltwater digger,, I will post pictures as I progress.
 
I didn't want to throw my back out using a shovel, so I got one of these. The only thing I have added are some fuzzy dice and a air freshener from the rear view mirror.

Excavator.webp
 
Funny you should ask, I need to modify my digger to reach where I can't...and also when my back has had enough bending!
 
tree spade $20 Walmart. Any questions?
 
Will check it out!
 
IMG_6191.webpIMG_6194.webpIMG_6199.webpIMG_6192.webp

GRADE 5 (6-4) TITANIUM
SHEATH: STAINLESS & BLACK UHMW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom