May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

Vp here, I've been busy this past month playing with the E-trac, below are some of the better items I've found from 7 hunts, including todays. Now it's a nice haul - nothing incredible but a nice haul. But the coolest thing is that all of these hunts were to previously pounded sites ! That's right I went back to ever iron patch I could think of and pounded them again this time using the E-Trac and still found all this stuff ! For those of you who wonder about the E-Trac if it's just a new "Explorer SE" well it's much more ... it is absolutely incredible in iron patches !

This past Sunday Paco took me back to the famed "Variety Field" - this fields has produced everything (thus the name) ... 3 cent silvers, 2 cent pieces, large cents, a farthing, v nickels - and needless to say it has been hunted to exhaustion, well the e-trac found an 1826 large cent and a intact corotal bell in the iron - paco couldn't believe it when i called him over

needless to say, the e-trac and i are getting along real well ...

take care

vp
www.Treasure-Valley.net
"the worlds first 3d metal detecting game"

Attachments

• etrac-02 copy.jpg
    etrac-02 copy.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 0

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats those are some great finds. :thumbsup:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs! I've only gotten out once so far with my etrac, but absolutely love it. HH :thumbsup:

OP
OP
vpone

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks guys !

vp

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Awesome finds VP,you've convinced me on that e-trac. My brother just bought a new SE this past summer and when he found out about the new e-trac he just said "it figures" LOL

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
I keep hearing the E Trac is the Bomb! To bad I can't afford one..maybe this year I can find a really good find an sell it to buy the E trac.. You have some really nice stuff from your last 7 hunts!

tigerbeetle

Jan 2, 2009
Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Many -- Fisher, White's, Minelab, Cobra, others
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That bell is quite cool. I've found maybe a half dozen over the years and each one is slightly different. I have one that is solid sterling (.925) and weighs two ounces. Gives whole new meaning to the song "Silver bells."

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got some great stuff there Kevin. I'm glad you are happy with your machine. I found the same Andrew Johnson token earlier this year, along with the U.S. Grant and Taft tokens from the same set. Those things seem to turn up all over the place.

Rob

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety! I may have to sell one of my detectors and buy an Etrac. HH, Mike

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
This should be a commercial for the E-Trac, Looks like the iron patches have been good to you Kevin. I'd like to see a close up of the largie.
Chris

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats,

I can say that E-trac looks nice with all the bells and whistles, but I can tell you its Location, Location, location in this hobby.

You can go buy the most expensive detector and you won't find anything good unless you do the research. Yeah the Etrac looks great, maybe it does well with Fe, but to me its not worth the cash...;

Larry

Water Gal Pal

Aug 26, 2008
Hi Vp,

Very nice goodies there! Did you use the standard E-Trac coil or the 16.5 excellerator coil? Whichever it was, you certainly hit the right spot. Congrats!

Wanda
[email protected]
aka
Water Gal Pal

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
vp,

Wow. Congrats on some great finds from pounded areas! If you keep that up, you should get a commission for all the Etracs you will sell!!

HH,

Dr. Ace

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Wow, Kevin, that's a load of interesting relics and coins!! :o

You got a good number of mercs too. Look how close you were to getting a Barber dime. :wink:
There's gotta be one there hiding, waiting for you to find it with your E-Trac!! You definitely have the right machine!

Happy New Year!! Hope you have a great '09! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread