What's new

Eagle effigy, legit?

roberthathaway7

Greenie
Joined
Nov 9, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering what everyone thought of this effigy? It came with a collection I bought. I didn't pull it out of the ground, but the collection is mostly from around the southern Ohio River region. received_10203538485339000.webpreceived_10203538474698734.webpreceived_10203538473738710.webpreceived_10203538474258723.webp
 
Upvote 0
And here we go again ..... If you look at recent posts you can get a pretty good idea of what kind of feedback you will get
 
And here we go again ..... If you look at recent posts you can get a pretty good idea of what kind of feedback you will get

He actually already posted this in the ongoing thunderbird thread, but seeing someone suggest that another recent entry get its own thread, that's likely what he decided to do here. Innocent enough IMHO....
 
No actually I posted this first before I saw the ongoing thread then forgot to delete this one. Which I will delete after you all have read this, haha. Gotta save face ya know
 
I have no idea if it's authentic or not.

My gut says, probably not, but another part of me thinks; thousands of years of chipping stone, it certainly is possible. It's cool for sure....
 
this sort of "artifact" along with flint fishing hooks are the most controversial of all the items we come in contact with. Let me just say this, Native folk didn't have pockets and didn't wear medicine bundles as part of their daily attire. They (like ME) liked to have their hands free and be unencumbered while hinting, fishing, gathering or traipsing. The artifacts that are truly artifacts tend to have an obvious use and fill an obvious need...(not talking about year-round settled tribes like the PNW and SW Pueblos).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom