Eagle II SL

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just got my hands on an black Eagle II SL in real good nick.
Works great, Powerfull, gets fantastic depth and good discrimination, purs along very nicely, but heck, this thing has really proven to me why I sooo waayy prefer Analogue readouts and Knobs and switches. Jeez Man 77 pages of owners Manual. I tink I is gettin a headache already!? :BangHead:

KurtB

Sep 8, 2006
Lincoln, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70, CZ20, IDX Pro
That Eagle II is a fine detector. If you have the basic and advanced manuals they should be all you need once you go through them and fiddle with the key pads on the display awhile. There is some other literature on the Eagle II but it's getting harder to find. Daryl Townly put out a good one. I used his program most of the time. Good luck.

Kurt

OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
G/Day KurtB,
Thanks for the comments.
Took the Eagle out for a flight today over a freshwater beach; Suffering cats can this thing find deeeeep stuff!! I have always said that if the dinosaurs came back we would be in real trouble; Well this Eagle dinosaur is back and it is one mean machine as far as depth and power is concerned. The discrimination is a bit iffy in that the coil has to be about 6 inches from the target to get a positive ID which meant that I found myself doing a lot of unnecessary digging; The targets were all deep between 12 and 20 inches and so, after 3 hours my crook back was even more crook.

I think this machine has got to be one of the best Relic detectors ever built.
I have a test patch in my yard (mild iron mineralised) where aside from other coins, I have an Aussie 5cent buried at 7 inches; None of my top notch machines can locate this coin in this mineralisation in any mode but when I scanned it with the Eagle the response was dynamic and I thought that maybe I had dropped some other metal there in the grass but I hadn't and yet, here was this bloody loud signal response from the Eagle. I checked and re checked the settings and tried every mode and the result was the same, the Eagle was murdering my other machines out of sight in my own back yard.
All I can say is, "Dinasour or not The Eagle Has Landed"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread