What's new

EAGLE in the hole- Streak continues!

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
3,712
Reaction score
5,634
Golden Thread
5
Location
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys,

Yesterday I revisited the site that produced an early 1800s navy eagle and was not disappointed. Among the normal lead slag and seals, I managed to recover a small unmarked pewter, a War of 1812 I cuff button, brass saddle boss, and my first gaiter button. I also pulled a few round balls of varying caliber. The prize came late in the day as the tide...and coming tropical storm...began to complicate recovery conditions. As soon as I was able to pin point, sea water would rush in and hit my detector making digging accurate plugs nearly impossible. Before calling it a day, I began digging random plugs near what sounded like an a pull tab until I was able to get my hand around it... 1812 1st Regiment Coat Button! Early pewter streak continues- thanks for looking.

20150509_081542_resized.webp20150509_145626_resized.webp20150510_090743_resized.webp20150510_090551_resized.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 44
Dang they sure are some nice buttons,vanzutphen
 
Oh Wow..
They are some killer buttons in awsome shape..
I would be jumping up and down if i found them.
Way to go, now thats history.
George
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom