299.2 KB · Views: 126

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't remember the name of the company but they were based in Columbus Ohio and made swords & other things for fraternal organizations like Knights of Columbus, Oddfellows etc. Maybe something from them?

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
True Steve. MC Lilley did that.
But looking around I see a lot of others used that abbreviation too.
The company name seems to be above, but darned if I can read it.
Begins with a D,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My opinion on a few more of the letters....

Not sure if this helps or if you agree Matt.

Attachments

• eaglewhatsit1.jpg
    eaglewhatsit1.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

mcl

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gave this a really solid go.

Completely stumped by the words on the banner. Left side looks like "HE. VICSIS" and right looks like "ED LEVET". Neither side as I transcribed comes out to anything sensible in any language, including when switching the "V" to a "U" in case that usage was intended.

Some angled images from the top side to bottom (sort of like the reverse of the third image) could maybe help. Some of the characters are really strange.

The last letter on the right side of the banner for example almost looks like a backwards capital gamma. Also not convinced that the last letter in the apparent "name" is an X. I think the word might end in "man".

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
And whatever the name is I believe there are a couple of initials before it and "Co." after it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I can't understand is how DCMATT has a what's it. He is supposed to be the riddle solver:laughing7:

Upvote 0

mcl

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
And whatever the name is I believe there are a couple of initials before it and "Co." after it.

I see what looks like a cursive capital "P" before the "name", but I'm not sure it's actually a letter. To me, what you say is "Co." looks like a giant old-fashioned ampersand, but at the same time seems to in actuality be a part of the wreath or what not. Based on that, what I see as a "P" prior to the name I think is also probably wreath decoration. I don't know though, "P Dooblyman Co." sounds natural enough too. This one is tough because of the corrosion.

markings.png

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread