fishstick
Silver Member
Howdy y'all, being in the mid summer slump for hunting around this parts thgt I'd post a few pics of some hunts since finding the DB silver dollar March 1st. Doubt I find anything to top that for quite some time lol. I'm gonna break them down into several posts just to fill some space on the boards lol.
Site 1- couple of really interesting finds from a yard that is a pasture now. Cool looking brooch thingy and a good luck token from a local town. Best is the buggy emblem tag!!! Anybody from around my area knows of Hare Chevrolet. Well they started in 1847 making buggies and carriages. This is from around the mid 1870's from what I've been able to find and pretty unique from what I gather.
Site 2- new permission with 4 old homesteads , these are from the only one that I've been able to hunt so far. If the others produce like this one I'll be giddy as heck lol. By far the best piece is the baggage tag. Super early example from the Evansville & Crawfordsville RR. Chartered in 1853 as Evansville's first rail line and was renamed in 1877 to the Evansville & Terre Haute RR. From what I've come up with the marker is quite collectable being a T.W. Morehouse so fingers crossed on that. Less than a foot away from it was the key which is kinda different. All in all some cool finds in my book. Hope y'all enjoy and GL&HH
Site 1- couple of really interesting finds from a yard that is a pasture now. Cool looking brooch thingy and a good luck token from a local town. Best is the buggy emblem tag!!! Anybody from around my area knows of Hare Chevrolet. Well they started in 1847 making buggies and carriages. This is from around the mid 1870's from what I've been able to find and pretty unique from what I gather.
Site 2- new permission with 4 old homesteads , these are from the only one that I've been able to hunt so far. If the others produce like this one I'll be giddy as heck lol. By far the best piece is the baggage tag. Super early example from the Evansville & Crawfordsville RR. Chartered in 1853 as Evansville's first rail line and was renamed in 1877 to the Evansville & Terre Haute RR. From what I've come up with the marker is quite collectable being a T.W. Morehouse so fingers crossed on that. Less than a foot away from it was the key which is kinda different. All in all some cool finds in my book. Hope y'all enjoy and GL&HH







