What's new

Early Eagle Navy?

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this button in early war camp at Williamsport Md.. Think its an anchor on shield.
 

Attachments

  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    312.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    134.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 011.webp
    011.webp
    347.7 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 0
Great find! :hello2: The button experts should help you out shortly.
 
Is it a 1 or 2 piece button? The early US navy buttons with that design were one piece. In the 1830's (or a little later) they switched designs and went to the then popular 2 piece button.
 
Is it a 1 or 2 piece button? The early US navy buttons with that design were one piece. In the 1830's (or a little later) they switched designs and went to the then popular 2 piece button.

It's a two piece button, I thought it was 1840's.
 
It's a two piece button, I thought it was 1840's.

Why ask a question then let someone hanging, this is fourth time I have been asked a question with no response, should I just ignore questions?
 
I think Smokey answered the question. You need to relax a little Brother.
 
I think Smokey answered the question. You need to relax a little Brother.

I don't need to relax , he asked if it was 1 piece or 2, when was that question answered?
 
Joe .
1 st .. That's a great button in good dug shape, I don't know my buttons cause I only dig a few every year if i'm lucky.

Ill go get my alberts book now.

Any Back-mark?

Oh ..any stars that you can see?

The size in 'mm' will help , there are a few that look similar to yours that are 2 piece.
Thanks
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom