What's new

✅ SOLVED Early Percussion Cap Pistol barrel ID

hunting deer

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,305
Golden Thread
0
Location
West central Indiana.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, I found this last night. What better than an early firearm to make for a good hunt! I used to have a replica 38 Cal. colt navy revolver that I would shoot from time to time. This is similar with a shorter barrel obviously and poss. smaller caliber. The barrel is held to the rest of the gun with a wedge. Gonna go back later to search for the rest of it. I can see where the wedge would have been. I'm loading pics before and after scrubbing. Any thoughts? Good Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • 100_2766.webp
    100_2766.webp
    751 KB · Views: 179
  • 100_2764.webp
    100_2764.webp
    211.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_2767.webp
    100_2767.webp
    195 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_2768.webp
    100_2768.webp
    333.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 100_2770.webp
    100_2770.webp
    239.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_2772.webp
    100_2772.webp
    357.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_2777.webp
    100_2777.webp
    370.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 100_2778.webp
    100_2778.webp
    454.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_2779.webp
    100_2779.webp
    370.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_2780.webp
    100_2780.webp
    435 KB · Views: 74
  • 100_2781.webp
    100_2781.webp
    796.2 KB · Views: 75
It looks like you've got some solid metal under all the crumblies.
Was thinking of leaving it as it is for display. Maybe to far gone to get a makers mark. lol, I liked finding it though.
 
Upvote 3
Mine too. The stories they could tell. I'm satisfied that I can tell the type of pistol it was and how it loaded. I put it on here with the measurements, thinking by chance someone might have some more info on the type of pistol it was.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom