What's new

East coast beaches

OldSean

Full Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
128
Reaction score
129
Golden Thread
0
Location
York, PA
Detector(s) used
White M6, White 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed in old photos and postcards of MD, DE and NJ beaches that the boardwalk were higher off the beach than today and the beach was much wider in the old day. Is the beach actually shrinking? Did they build up the beach to the boardwalk level? I know the buildings didn't move. Do I have to get an underwater detector and scuba gear to detect the old beach? Please enlighten. HH, OldSean
 
Upvote 0
Beaches are always under a constant cycle of change. Some are being eroded some replenished. All at different rates. Some towns have an active replenishment program to try to build them up. It certainly wouldn't hurt to go out deep and search. I'm sure you'll be rewarded. Just be careful of the rip currents!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom