What's new

New Nokta Detectors for Beach Hunters?

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You Nokta guys might already know about this, I don't swing a Nokta, so this is new to me. I decided to check Nokta’s website, to see if they made other PI's, wanted to see if they had lower priced PI's that would have established a PI track record before coming out with the mega buck Magnetar. But the only other PI I saw was the PulseDive Scuba, small handheld.

I came across 2 other Gold Detectors; Gold Finder 2000 and Gold Kruzer. These 2 aren't PI's, they're VLF's operating in single frequency (61kHz). The Gold Kruzer is fully waterproof to 16ft, but Gold Finder 2000, while it has waterproof coils, only lists that it's "rainproof".

So, while I was checking out the Gold Kruzer model, I stumbled across something very interesting. On the Gold Kruzer’s brochure, there are 3 detectors in the Kruzer series, so in addition to the Gold Kruzer, there are 2 other detectors and here’s what Nokta says: GET READY FOR A WHOLE NEW METAL DETECTING EXPERIENCE WITH THE NEW KRUZER SERIES!

OK, they have the Gold Kruzer for the nugget busters, but what are the other 2 detectors for? As I was looking over the Gold Kruzer’s brochure I saw this:

Are you a beach hunter? We did not forget about you, either! The Kruzer features a new advanced beach mode that provides a very stable performance on the wet salt beach and even underwater.


So, it looks like they came out with 2 additional detectors in the Kruzer series designed for beach hunters, the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer. Both are fully submersible to 16.4 feet, and have 8 additional coils that can be used, 6 of them are open coil designs.

The Kruzer looks to be SF at 14kHz, and the Multi Kruzer might possibly be SMF, 5kHz/14kHz/19kHz. Can’t tell if it’s SMF or SF like the X-Terra Pro and only allows 1 frequency at a time. They don't say if Multi Kruzer is SMF or SF with selectable frequencies, so I'm not sure. I checked the Gold Kruzer’s Manual, but it only covered the gold model.

The crazy thing, at least for now, is that the Kruzer & Multi Kruzer isn’t listed on their detector’s web page, and there’s no separate brochure or manuals for these 2 beach hunting detectors. I only happened to stumble across them when looking at the Gold Kruzer brochure. So, ya gotta search the gold detectors to find the VLF beach detectors, lol. Maybe this series is so new, that they just haven’t yet listed these 2 other detectors on their website?

Again, I’m not a Nokta guy, so I don’t know if this series is brand new, or if they’ve been around for a while. But if the Kruzer series are indeed brand-new detectors, that tells me that Nokta has been hearing from beach hunters and is at least working to come out with new detectors specifically targeted for the beach.

But what about a new PI for beach hunters?

IMHO, I’m not an Engineer so I don’t know what the difficulty level might be, but I don’t think Nokta would need to reinvent the wheel to give beach hunters a nice waterproof PI at an affordable price. They could use the overall design of the Kruzer series (control box, shaft, waterproof, open coils), then redesign/simplify the Magnetar’s PI circuitry specifically for beach hunting. That would give beach hunters a new waterproof PI, affordable please, along with the VLF Kruzer series. They have waterproof detector designs and now have PI circuit technology, all they need is to simplify the Magnetar’s PI circuitry, combine with the waterproof design of the Kruzer series, and they’d have a waterproof PI with open coils that many Beach Hunters have been screaming for.
 

Attachments

Upvote 0
Isn't that just the Legend? Not sure why they would also have a Kruzer too to do the same thing.
 
Isn't that just the Legend? Not sure why they would also have a Kruzer too to do the same thing.
I can't say if it's the same/similar to the Legend. Just interesting that they say they "haven't forgotten about us beach hunters" with the 2 new Kruzers. But thinking about it, I have an SMF X-Terra Elite, but there's also the X-Terra Pro, which is SF with selectable frequencies. So, the Legend is SMF, maybe the Multi Kruzer is like the X-Terra Pro, SF but with selectable frequencies. No way yet to know for sure as they don't have the Kruzer or Multi Kruzer listed separately on their website, and there's no brochure or operating manual yet that I could find for those 2 detectors. I only stumbled across them when I was looking at the Gold Kruzers brochure, lol.
 
I have used the Legend on Long Island beaches for several years with great success. It is plenty deep with the big coil. Interesting thing about the Kruzer. I think it is just marketing an underperforming gold machine.
 
I have used the Legend on Long Island beaches for several years with great success. It is plenty deep with the big coil. Interesting thing about the Kruzer. I think it is just marketing an underperforming gold machine.
I'm curious to see what the prices of the Kruzer line are, the detectors aren't even listed on their website detector list page yet. If I had to take a guess, I'd say IMO, that they probably didn't make the Multi Kruzer SMF, so as not to cannibalize sales of the Legend or their other SMF detectors. So, I think they may have taken a cue from Minelab's X-Terra Pro, and came out with the Kruzer & Multi Kruzer for the beach, just like the X-Terra Pro is reported to do well at the beach, but made them SF or selectable SF, like the X-Terra Pro.

Being single frequency, that wouldn't affect sales of their SMF detectors but would give them 2 new detectors to market to beach hunters. And if they are just SF detectors like the X-Terra Pro, I would expect the prices to be less than their SMF detectors, just like the X-Terra Pro is priced lower than the SMF X-Terra Elite. Just my opinion and two cents. Will be interesting to see what they're all about when more info becomes available.
 
Looks like the mystery is solved. A hunter on another forum replied and said that the reason I couldn’t find the Kruzer & Multi Kruzer on their website is that both detectors were discontinued. He’s guessing they didn’t sell enough of them to continue making, and said they were originally released in 2018 and did have a following, but the Gold Kruzer is the only one still being made and sold. He also included the 2 links below to each of their Brochure & Manual pages.

And looks like I was correct with my guess that the Multi Kruzer might have been like the X-Terra Pro, SF but with the ability to select between individual frequencies. Right in the Multi Kruzer’s manual, it states: “You can also change the frequency of the device on the multi Kruzer model”. I guess maybe it was the rise of SMF detectors that caused them not to sell well enough to continue being made.

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/multi-kruzer/
https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/kruzer/
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom