East prussia-Kaliningrad Russia 2!

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
dekalb33 said:
foto #1 medals of deaths head troopers?/!
SS stormtroopers !!
very nice items!!!!!!!!!!!!

nOT ss... ITS wermacht trooper...im very drunk...see you later...

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
))))

The Bastion "DER DONA"

Attachments

• дона фронт.jpg
    дона фронт.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,967

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nahabit...wow!!! thanks for posting these photos. It's kinda' like giving some insight to my ancestors homeland.

My 2nd gr grandparents came from Prussia.

Areas:
1. Hambuch, Rheinland, Prussia
2. Gillenbeuren, Rheinland, Prussia

This is the church my 2nd gr grandparents were married in: Sankt Johannes Katholisch, Hambuch Mayen', Rheinland on 11 June 1832. They were Johann Petrus (John Peter) Saenger and Anna Mary (Maria) Wilhelmy (or Whilhelmi).

They came to America in 1852 and settled in Mankato, Blue Earth Co, Minnesota on 30 May 1855.

I look forward to more pics....and thanks for giving me a pic of their history, even though they left nearly 100 years before this war.

HH..........Ann

See.....Metal Detecting and Genealogy do work hand in hand :)

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
1852! wow! you gr.parents very brave its was hard time to settlers... I don know this lands . Hambuch, Rheinland, Prussia
2. Gillenbeuren, Rheinland, Prussia :'(

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
These areas I listed are the now, modern day East Germany area. I don't know what the names were in Prussian times. Still trying to find old maps to help with that. It should have been "Rheinland-Plaz", not just "Rheinland"...have to fix my notes now LOL. But what I can't understand, is these areas I listed are further into Germany than in the location of where Prussia was. So, I am abit confused. Back to the history books LOL.

From what was passed down from family history....is that part of Prussia is now in Poland and another part in Russia. So, until I can get a clear understanding of my where my actual roots were....I have to go by modern time names. But in time, I will find the right map. Looking at old maps of just Prussia...it was a very small country compared to the rest of Europe.

Looking forward to more photos and more of your finds. HH......Ann

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
helmet M35 whith battle damages

Attachments

• шлемак.jpg
    шлемак.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 4,366
OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
Hello to all! i was in small expedition, soon i show my fotos here!

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
those 2 badges are wound badges. They were given to hurt soliders. The bronze one I am not sure of but have seen it before. The gas mask canister is cool! I have a complete one somewhere, and the mask was stored inside it(if you ever watch war movies or what not, its the thing strapped on the german soliders backs). VERY COOL FINDS! I wish I could go up and hunt up there! I am in the rhineland pfalz area.. keep posting more pictures for sure! :)

OP
OP
nahabit

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
The bronze medal is a medal for 4 years of excellent service in army, allowed rear soldiers(no soldiers on frontline) (to cooks, grooms, shoemakers and so on)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions