What's new

Ebayers and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

Jimmy@romega

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
rome, ga
Ebayer's and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

I like to know how some on ebay come into hundreds of boxes of the 2009 pennies. I've look on the feedback on one profile and they must of sold at least 350 boxes. This person probably made around 28,000 in just a few months. I'm lucky just to find 1 or 2 boxes going to every bank in town. But I know some order pennies in hopes to hit the new ones. I'm going to order 4 boxes right around nov.12 just around the last penny design release. I figure there's a good chance and a increase in odds ordering around release dates.

My totals in finding 2009 pennies are around 8-9 boxes it could of been more but I turn down 5 boxes of the railsplitters when they weren't doing so well on ebay.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Ebayer's and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

Jimmy@romega said:
I like to know how some on ebay come into hundreds of boxes of the 2009 pennies. I've look on the feedback on one profile and they must of sold at least 350 boxes. This person probably made around 28,000 in just a few months. I'm lucky just to find 1 or 2 boxes going to every bank in town. But I know some order pennies in hopes to hit the new ones. I'm going to order 4 boxes right around nov.12 just around the last penny design release. I figure there's a good chance and a increase in odds ordering around release dates.

My totals in finding 2009 pennies are around 8-9 boxes it could of been more but I turn down 5 boxes of the railsplitters when they weren't doing so well on ebay.

i think some people just order mad boxes and get lucky.
also when you dealing with that kinda money you can even pay the tellers to look for them for you.
I put an order in earlier in the yr and by sheer luck i got 30 of my 35 boxes where the log cabins. I have since put huge orders inn and only seen a few rolls of 09 here and there. Just blind luck i think.
 
Re: Ebayer's and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

i got lucky with the railsplitter and the professional life ones. sold over 20 boxes on feebay. could have sold more if i could have found any. if i had a job with brinks i would get in good with a vault teller at a bank and get her to order massive amounts of pennies when the new ones come in and i would deliver them to the bank and come back and get them on my day off. somebody has got to be doing something like that to get that many boxes
 
Re: Ebayer's and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

When professional life came out, I called every branches in city to see who got them. About 20 branches got them, between 1 to 3 boxes. So the whole city had about 60 boxes. My city is within top 20 for popluation.

350 boxes?? I would say the husband is working for loomis and the wife is working for a bank with a huge vault.
 
Re: Ebayer's and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

Yinzi50 said:
350 boxes?? I would say the husband is working for loomis and the wife is working for a bank with a huge vault.

You nailed it on the head. Its someone that works for loomis and has the inside track. Just think if you were a driver wouldnt you call a buddy to follow your route and hit every bank with-in minutes of delivery of new coins.
Its all an inside job.

I just wish I had that connection.

Jason
 
Re: Ebayer's and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

How do you know the rolls are all the new coin? Just an assumption, or is there a marking on the box? I have received many boxes of halves where all the ends are 96 or 98, but when you open them, there is all different years in there. I have noticed many people selling on EBay what they call uncirulated bank rolls of weats, or halves, or newer pennies, or quarters. I just dont see how you can tell...
 
Re: Ebayer's and 2009 lincoln pennies some sell hundreds of boxes

I actually have a bank that can request "new" coins. For the most part I have gotten 2009's but occasionally I will get 2008's. This only worked for pennies though, we tried for 2 months to get dimes or nickels with no luck. The big money is in those dimes and nickels, at one point a box of nickels was going for $5,000! Thats just crazy, man I wish I could find some of those.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom