Re: Eddie's Drive-in
Stefen, Yup, I remember them, too. My first car was a '51 Ford that I bought in '57. It cost me $200.00. We had those
drive-in joints with the cute car-hops. I like those car shows with the cars from the '40's, '50's, and '60's. Those were
when they had good styling. And speaking of those car-hops... the summer before I got my car, a friend and I rode
our horses into town to ride in the 4th of July parade in Port Huron. The rest of the saddle club members trailered
their horses into town, but since it was only about 8 miles we decided to ride them. After the parade was over, we
started riding back home and on the way was an A&W with the car hops. It was hot and the parking lot was empty
so we decided to stop and get a root beer and flirt with the girls. Turning off the road , at the end of the building
was a railing made of galvanized pipe. From back aways it looked like a hitch rail like they have in the western
movies, so it was perfect. We rode up and tied our horses to the railing and sat at their outside counter. First thing we
know, the girls are all around us asking about the horses and stuff. It was fun while it lasted. A couple of the girls
even brought out some water for the horses so we took off our cowboy style hats and dumped the water in them
to water the horses. LOL. By this time it was starting to get pretty busy with customers coming in to see the horses
and were keeping the girls too busy waiting on them to talk to us so we finished our drinks and left. we talked and
joked about that for quite a while afterwards. We sure had a ball that day.
Ray