Edward I penny and Buckle sunday morning best

Urien of Rheged

Mar 7, 2024
Out for a few hours this morning on a permission ive hit hard for over a year now. Rarely disappoints this place, even if it's just musket balls I never leave empty handed. A gnarly looking meadow adjoining an old farmhouse theres quite a lot of Iron infestation so it's a place to go slow and try and weed out the goodies.
Having not found a hammered coin foe a good six months I managed to find my 2nd in as many days with this penny. Edward I it was minted at Durham by Bishop Bex (interesting character went on to become the only Englishman to hold the title of Patriarch of Jeruslalem).
Nice buckle too, I'd say 16th-17th century with that one.
Below is a picture of the silver coins ive recovered on this permission over this past year. Starting from a chard of a Henry II (Tealby) penny.
Henry III Penny
Edward I penny (London mint)
Edward I penny (Chester mint)
Edward I penny(Durham)
Edward I farthing (London)
Elizabeth I six Pence (1575)
Ceylon (Sri Lanka) Rix dollar (1821)

Attachments

• Sawcollec.jpg
    Sawcollec.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Buckle.jpg
    Buckle.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Bishopbex2.jpg
    Bishopbex2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Bishopbex.jpg
    Bishopbex.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Upvote 13

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for a few hours this morning on a permission ive hit hard for over a year now. Rarely disappoints this place, even if it's just musket balls I never leave empty handed. A gnarly looking meadow adjoining an old farmhouse theres quite a lot of Iron infestation so it's a place to go slow and try and weed out the goodies.
Having not found a hammered coin foe a good six months I managed to find my 2nd in as many days with this penny. Edward I it was minted at Durham by Bishop Bex (interesting character went on to become the only Englishman to hold the title of Patriarch of Jeruslalem).
Nice buckle too, I'd say 16th-17th century with that one.
Below is a picture of the silver coins ive recovered on this permission over this past year. Starting from a chard of a Henry II (Tealby) penny.
Henry III Penny
Edward I penny (London mint)
Edward I penny (Chester mint)
Edward I penny(Durham)
Edward I farthing (London)
Elizabeth I six Pence (1575)
Ceylon (Sri Lanka) Rix dollar (1821)
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread