Egg sack?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I saw this in a very shallow portion of the creek yesterday. It is submerged completely. Its gelatinous appearance is reminiscent of many fish egg sacks that Iā€™ve seen. However all of them have always looked like phlegmy green balls. This looks like a pink sea anemone; more flowery in appearance. Nature keeps entertaining me. Have a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 20

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of fish eggs are they?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I donā€™t know. I never saw one like this before. Iā€™m hoping someone else will recognize it.
I can't recall ever seeing those during the times I lived in Iowa as a kid, who was out often investigating the creeks.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I can't recall ever seeing those during the times I lived in Iowa as a kid, who was out often investigating the creeks.
This may not be an egg sack. I saw hundreds of the ones that looked like a green transparent slime bag full of tapioca. Usually attached to semi-submerged dead trees and limbs.
This is similar in size and ā€œgelatinicityā€.

vonfatman

Jul 21, 2023
KCMO Area
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm...I do not know either. I also grew up in Iowa, up by Waterloo. I lived in the woods. Rabbit feared me and my pair of beaglesšŸ˜‰
The positive spin with no practical information to help with your mystery.....You have the prettiest slime I have ever seen.

vfm

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hmm...I do not know either. I also grew up in Iowa, up by Waterloo. I lived in the woods. Rabbit feared me and my pair of beaglesšŸ˜‰
The positive spin with no practical information to help with your mystery.....You have the prettiest slime I have ever seen.

vfm
Blackhawk County Iowa. They also have some great artifact-hunting areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread