What's new

EH.... coulda been better

Bobbypins

Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
503
Reaction score
134
Golden Thread
0
Location
Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nothing to brag about tonight. I went out with my 2 hunting buddies (Ron and Rob) for a 2.5 hour hunt. The finds were modest... and most of the digs were pretty deep.

Here's how it panned out

2,418 yen $32
12.5 grams of silver
some nice looking junk

It was still nice to get out though. At least it was an above average night. It dam sure didn't look like it was going to be.

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg
 
Upvote 0
That is some rather attractive trash :tongue3: Cool finds :icon_thumright:
 
I am Ron, I was part of this hunt. Most memorable moment... I was wading knee deep scoop and atpro in hand, took a step and then I was up to my chest. Rob has been hunting this beach hard with his PI machine and has dug some awesome underwater craters / tiger traps.

I had 1,800 yen for the night, a silver earring and a silver chain with a huge heavy pendant. The chain is silver, marked .925, but it looks like the pendant is silver plated.

I hunted this beach once a week during the peak tourist season and never walked away with less than 5,000 yen, so it was a little sad to only find 1,800 last night, but I guess that is to be expected. The beaches are no longer crowded during the day and Rob and some other American GI's have been hunting this beach a lot recently.

During the summer we have stayed with the popular beaches, but now it looks like it is time to start hitting the remote beaches again. can't wait. I hear Leper Beach calling.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom