What's new

EIGHTY FOUR (84) Years Ago Today

Gare

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
13,422
Reaction score
30,278
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canton Ohio Area
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
December 7th 1941 A DAY THAT WILL LIVE IN INFAMINY
The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. Please keep in your thoughts all the lives that were lost on this day. maybe if you believe you might say a prayer for the ones lost and there familys :)
 
That it is. Not as well recognized these days as it was in the past. I guess that's due to the generation that lived it are mostly not around anymore. Here it is a Sunday and it seems the folks I knew from that generation that lived it would all say they were having Sunday dinner when they first heard the news of the attack on Pearl Harbour.
 
Last edited:
84 years ago, on this date, my mother cut out the story "Twas the Night Before Christmas" anticipating reading it to me on my second Christmas Eve--then 'Pearl Harbor' happened.
Can you imagine the level of anxiety my parents (and every other adult US citizen) must have experience when they got the news -- and for month thereafter. How did they cope with reading that story knowing an air raid siren might go off at any time--as it may have on the West Coast?

Don in SoCal
 
For all the veterans who died on December 7th, 1941.

1000027850.webp
 
T_H How about to JUST ALL veterans that died while serving America ?
 
I had the distinct honor and privilege to call Captain Donald Kirby Ross my friend or shipmate as he used to tell me. He earned the MoH for his actions in the USS Nevada on December 7th. He was an adopted as Submariner by the crew of the USS Alexander Hamilton (SSBN 617). I also had the honor of meeting LT John Finn another Pearl Harbor MoH earner, he was an absolute legend in the Aviation Ordnance community....IYOYAS! Both these incredible men were humble an inspiring. As the number of Pearl Harbor survivors gets smaller each year I will tell my grandchildren the stories I was told by these two great American Sailors so Pearl Harbor will not be forgotten!
 
WOW BLK HOLE THANK you for sharing this with us'
 
I had the distinct honor and privilege to call Captain Donald Kirby Ross my friend or shipmate as he used to tell me. He earned the MoH for his actions in the USS Nevada on December 7th. He was an adopted as Submariner by the crew of the USS Alexander Hamilton (SSBN 617). I also had the honor of meeting LT John Finn another Pearl Harbor MoH earner, he was an absolute legend in the Aviation Ordnance community....IYOYAS! Both these incredible men were humble an inspiring. As the number of Pearl Harbor survivors gets smaller each year I will tell my grandchildren the stories I was told by these two great American Sailors so Pearl Harbor will not be forgotten!
Sir.... I salute you!
 
My uncle was there, in the Navy. I was on the way and he sent a card to my mother addressing me and saying it was a rough time but he survived. I was able to read that note after I was born. I think I still have it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom