What's new

Electrolysis Help Please

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
2,523
Reaction score
1,396
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey folks, I was wondering if there might be some posts up about using electrolysis to clean iron finds, i.e. tools and supplies needed, the process, etc. I've never done it before. :dontknow:

I dug what appears to be a really neat old padlock yesterday with my MXT and I think it might be worth the effort to dress up a bit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
Old Stonewall,Someone will come to the rescue,you got a real sweet area your in,hope huntin is good to you!!!!!GodBless HH Chris
 
Old Stonewall said:
Hey folks, I was wondering if there might be some posts up about using electrolysis to clean iron finds, i.e. tools and supplies needed, the process, etc. I've never done it before. :dontknow:

I dug what appears to be a really neat old padlock yesterday with my MXT and I think it might be worth the effort to dress up a bit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

sure, here are a few good ones:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,407784.msg2901821.html#msg2901821
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,419156.0.html
 
Thanks Chris & DD. Yes, nice area for sure. Farms that date to the 1700's, CW battles, etc. Sweet. Also found a silver Wash. qtr. yesterday at the same place, along w/some clad. Thanks again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom