20.3 KB · Views: 2,525

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skimmer said:
Hi Dell-
Well. Tell us about what you and Mel did!
I was just thinking...I don't feel the need to believe in the religious creed of my friends...or be the same color as them, or salvage the same way they do. So, even if I can't bring myself to accept your methods, you still have my respect and admiration for what little I know of your exploits and adventures. TELL US MORE! WE"RE Waiting! There are many people here who would like to know what it was like living on salvage vessel in the Bahamas in the 60's
for example...I bet it was like the wild west. Your experiences from the past decades is interesting and valuable to us NOW. Thanks for any effort you and Trudy will be willing to share. MIKE

Very well said!! :notworthy: :icon_thumright: I just had to reply, that post deserves it. Man what would the world be if only....

I can most assuredly tell you the greatest treasures I took from the Treasure Coast have been the relationships and memories. I probably miss that more than finding the treasure.

There were a few (very few :icon_pirat:) nights that I didn't feel like drinking more rum but I stayed just because of the stories that were being told.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SHARK

SHARK

Nov 7, 2010
Florida
I apologize for allowing myself to be detracted from the Shipwreck theme and the subject of this thread. The Emerald cluster no longer belongs to me so there is nothing more for me to say about it.

Perhaps Mr. Lsmorgan, and SWR will be considerate enough to take their grievances to the appropriate LRL forum that has been set up for their purpose. Dell

Upvote 0

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
That is a lovely 'toothy' thing. I love to see them raw like that. What is an LRL (I have to know)? :coffee2:

Upvote 0

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
chkn said:
What is an LRL (I have to know)? :coffee2:

"Long Range Locating", usually related to dowsing but sometimes, run-of-the-mill devices incorporating electromechanical assemblages of lights, levers and switches that claim to be able to 'locate' things via supernatural means that have no basis in science, whatsoever. Time and time again, it's been shown to be statistically less effective than making decisions by flipping a coin.

Dell Winders (Shark) makes and sells such devices. He also has a meaningful background in treasure hunting and regularly associates otherwise credible successes he's had with his magical dowsing rods. Needless to say, this creates quite an allure for a 'certain sort of person' who is apt to buy into such nonsense.

Upvote 0

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stevemc... yeah, thanks for your discretion as I remember my posting of my finds brought out some unfortunately unkind comments but that is history and I personally have come to understand the reasons behind the skeptical comments... I think my knowledge and experience has grown with regards to th'ing and some wisdom has come along with that. Anyway, doing very well... have my own boat, sites, and investors now and have numerous projects I am working on. Sorry we didn't get to work together, but it looks like things went pretty well for you as well so its all good. Love to talk with you more but I don't want to "hijack" Dell's posting with our own personal chat... email me at [email protected] and i'll toss you my phone number if you would like. Peace, Phips

Dell... I have spoken with you on the phone briefly in the past and really enjoyed out discussion about various th'ing topics. Glad the comments have mellowed out on this thread... we all need to be a little more open minded and live and let live as the old expression goes. I know there are unfortunately plenty of issues with scammers and bs out there, hence the skeptical comments... there are always going to be the few rotten apples that ruin things for everyone else... life goes on. Email me at [email protected] and we'll have to arrange to get together... And just for fun, here's a few old pics of my emerald recoveries... haven't been down that way in a while... hope to again soon and would be happy to join forces on some stuff. Phips

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 970
  • 1715EmCon2.JPG
    1715EmCon2.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 984
  • 1715Greenies.jpg
    1715Greenies.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 995
  • 1715Green1a.jpg
    1715Green1a.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 993
  • 1715EmCon13a.jpg
    1715EmCon13a.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 1,005
  • FleetEmer2.jpg
    FleetEmer2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 991
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Upvote 0

PhipsFolly

Sep 30, 2005
Treasure Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite & Sovereign XS, Minelab Equinox 800 and Aquapulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why was this moved to the gemstones section? Dell's find and my past finds are shipwreck related as well as gemstone related... maybe this thread could be under both shipwreck and gemstone headings? I don't get it...

Upvote 0

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Dell has found more treasure in his lifetime than most here will ever find! Whatever his methods are, it seems to be working. How many people here can say they have found an emerald on the beach? Not many. Stevemc made some good points. I too fall in the skeptic category but leave my options open for the unexplained. I cant speak for Dell's devices or any LRLs for that nature, but Dell certain has a nac for being in the right place at the right time.

Stop the peronal attacks. Make your point and then let it go. Otherwise you are just out to smear or defamate someone.

Dell, great find! Hope you are doing good.

Robert

Upvote 0

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
I wonder.....
Since I am on the mend from heart surgery, and I have some time available right now and for the near future...(salvaging this season is probably out of the question....)
Here's my proposition: IF....BIG if....Dell would agree to it...maybe he and I could sit down and write a dialog telling how he went from digging like we all do and began to find treasure with his "skills" Wouldn't you like to read that? I would. Let me know if this is feasable, Dell. I'm in Ft. Pierce and I'll meet you wherever you say.
Mike

Upvote 0

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Dell-
Contact me via PM if you would entertain the idea of a BOOK. I think you and I could put together an entertaining and informative text about how historic AND "your methods" have affected modern treasure salvage. You have worked with some of the greats, and they don't play with fools. I know you have lessons to teach to many of us. Lets try it, huh? No
skin off our noses if it doesn't become a bestseller in the salvage community, and it will preserve your and Trudy's legacy forever....and entertain many of us who would otherwise never know about all that history. I'd love to have a copy, I think many would. What do you say?

Upvote 0

comfortably numb

Mar 31, 2010
Crystal River, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II,
MPX,fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skimmer said:
Dell-
Contact me via PM if you would entertain the idea of a BOOK. I think you and I could put together an entertaining and informative text about how historic AND "your methods" have affected modern treasure salvage. You have worked with some of the greats, and they don't play with fools. I know you have lessons to teach to many of us. Lets try it, huh? No
skin off our noses if it doesn't become a bestseller in the salvage community, and it will preserve your and Trudy's legacy forever....and entertain many of us who would otherwise never know about all that history. I'd love to have a copy, I think many would. What do you say?
If Dell is up to it I think it's a great idea, Sign me up for a copy.
Jeff

Upvote 0

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to all those who dive take a real close look at the first picture of dell holding the stone. it was taken underwater - look at the small ledge behind his hand and the snot floating in the water.

or am i just someone who does not know what i am talking about.

Upvote 0

sapphire miner

Jan 20, 2010
I am reading Government studies, in these studies, they use Geophysical, Geochemical, Geologic and Aeromagnetic mapping.
Seems all resources provide a larger understanding.
I say, use what you bring, and use what you understand, the Government does.
The physical properties of an element you seek will not change, knowing the physical properties will help.

Upvote 0

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
SWR-
What do you think of my idea to show how Dell moved his salvage operations from conventional to what he does now?
Wouldn't you like to know? I would.
Mike

Upvote 0

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres some more pics of the emerald that dell found and another type of auger that he uses.Dells psychic abilities sure do surpass mine.

dellsemerald.jpg
dellsemerald2.jpg
otherauger.jpg

Upvote 0

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sounds to me like "the green-eyed monster" is chewin' on some peoples butt.

I just don't understand the animosity vented towards some individuals here. Unconventional or not, it appears to work for them. sure, I'm envious of them finding emeralds too, but I'm also happy for their success. I'm also old enough to realize that there is simply alot we DON'T know about the world we live in. To criticize Dell and Phipps for their findings is unwarranted. Period. Skepticism is fine, but the proof is in the performance. Frankly, I wouldn't blame either person for throwing out a red herring on their finds. Why should they divulge info that they were astute enough to develop or stumble on?

I didn't believe "dowsing" for buried electrical lines until I did it. I get laughed at, until I find the line. I can hand my rods to the skeptic, and sometimes they can do it, sometimes they can't. Oh well..works for me. and Dell.

Upvote 0

VOC

Apr 11, 2006
Atlantic Ocean
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tarpon 192 wrote

"to all those who dive take a real close look at the first picture of dell holding the stone. it was taken underwater - look at the small ledge behind his hand and the snot floating in the water.

or am i just someone who does not know what i am talking about".

Yep ! looks like you do not know what your talking about, have another look it is obviusly taken on a beach next to the waters edge

Upvote 0

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
I think the title of this thread is a good book title. Emerald Found.
Dell, what do you think?
We could back up to when you started finding treasure, and take it from there.Maybe explain to the skeptics (of which I am one, as you know...check my past posts) Many of your past co-workers are also friends of mine...drinking with Mel, Art and his boat the Dare almost sinking at the dock on Christmas next to mine...Hey, we'll talk if you want to. PM me or reply on here, we'll take it from there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread