mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: "Emerald Treasure" Wreck off Cape Canaveral

Just last week I received from the Division of Historical Resources an updated list of all companies in Florida with a current, valid exploration or salvage contract. There was no mention of any company called Archaeological Discovery Ventures.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

ps. That website hasn't been updated in years. I remember when that story about the Isabela Emerald first came out....then nothing more was ever reported. It did help sell a few magazines however.

OP
OP
M

mariner

Apr 4, 2005

Thanks for the comments,GDaddyFlex,

I contacted ADV and they said they were still excavating the wreck, without a license of course, and they are still selling products through their Internet site and on Ebay.? I guess that if you are looting a wreck you do not want to be shouting it from the roof tops these days, and the same if it is just a front for selling imported emeralds.

Mariner

Galleon Hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Aque Pulse
Didn't John Christopher Fine write an article about this shipwreck? Maybe in Treasure Diver or Treasure
Quest Magazine???

OP
OP
M

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
GH:

I wonder what prompted resurrection of this old thread? I am pretty well convinced that this operation is just a con, selling imported emeralds, and that there is no actual wreck. I spoke to John Fine and wrote to him, asking why he risked his reputation as a photo journalist by promoting this story. His articles included photos supposedly taken at the wreck site, and a photo of the so-called Isabella emerald. He would not recant the story.

Mariner

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I agree with Mariner and knew he would be alerted to this thread starting again. Ask Capt. Dom via a PM about these guys...he has had the pleasure of meeting them.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions