What's new

End of Month (August) totals

jrf30

Bronze Member
Joined
May 7, 2006
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
385
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'm a few days early, but I tallied up my totals to date and shall call this good enough for the end of August.

I found 43 silver halves in one day in August, all in hand rolls. That DOUBLED my YEARLY finds in silver halves, which was cool. I'm about done looking at nickels for the year, but have a long way to go on pennies and wheats.

My totals to date:

2008 CRH Totals: 8/26/08

Indian Head Penny - 2
Wheats - 1,518 (Goal 3,000 for the year)
1943 Steel Pennies - 4
Buffalo Nickels - 2
Silver (War) Nickels - 8
Other Pre 1960 (And 60, 61 and 62 Plain) Nickels - 408 (Goal 400 for the year)
Merc Dimes - 0
Silver Roosies - 5
Silver Wash Qtrs – 2
Franklin Halves - 2
1964 (90%) Kennedy - 10
1965 – 70 (40%) Kennedy - 72
NIFC Kennedy - 71
Proof Kennedy - 7

Copper Memorial Pennies
80,000 +/- (Goal 150,000 for the year)
(+ 124,000 since 9/07)

Canadian coinage - $8.26 (Goal $10.00 for the year)


Real Estate net profits taken for year: $93,039 (Goal $500,000 for year - looking BLEAK right now!)
 
Upvote 0
Lots of nice numbers in there! Keep it up! And grats on the recent silver score.

And darn, that is A LOT of copper pennies! I'm only sitting on about 10,000 of those little things personally. I planned on selling this batch off on ebay, but am now more leaning towards just holding onto them for a future spike in copper price or for the numismatic premiums for when everyone starts melting them, lol. What are you doing with yours? Hoarding long term?

~Dave
 
I'm going to hoard the copper pennies until either 2009, the 100 year anniversary of the penny, when I think prices might move up for the copper ones, or when copper hits $4 per pound again. We were close a few times, but then we fell back. It is now down to $3.46 with the recent downturn in all metals.

When the price of Copper was at $3.96, a $50 bag was selling pretty consistently at about $120 on Ebay. That's not bad. But in 2009 I think either way I'll be out of them. I should have over 200,000 by then and shall NEED to get rid of them. LOL. Just for space!

I'll keep my wheats though. Probably forever. Just like my silver halves. :-)
 
Yea... I seperate the wheats out as well and keep them for my own collection/hoard.

And wow... $120 for a $50 dollar bag!? I've never seen them go that high. That would be awesome though to actually get what they are worth in copper. I've never seen an auction hit two times face, let alone even higher. I'll have to keep an eye on the auctions when metals recover.

~Dave
 
Nice-

Don't quit your day job!

Looks like the real money is in the real estate for you!

You're over 1/4 ton on your copper- sweet!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom