Enemy at the Gates

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Enemy at the Gates is a 2001 war film directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud, starring Jude Law, Joseph Fiennes and Ed Harris set during the Battle of Stalingrad in World War II.

The film's title is taken from William Craig's 1973 nonfiction book Enemy at the Gates: The Battle for Stalingrad, which describes the events surrounding the Battle of Stalingrad from 1942–1943.[2] It is based on a duel mentioned in the book that developed between Soviet sniper Vasily Grigoryevich Zaitsev and his German counterpart, Major Erwin König, as they stalk each other during the battle. The movie is also partially based on the book War of the Rats.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,215
  • 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 171.jpg
    171.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,216
OP
OP
kamgort

kamgort

Dec 23, 2009
Perm
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Spooky said:
Excellent post, friend.

:icon_thumright:

It was a very good book, and "Enemy at the Gates" is one of my favorite movies.

In fact that movie inspired me to purchase my first Mosin Nagant. :wink:
Battle of Stalingrad was a turning point in the war in Europe.Photos of Russian tank officer.

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,260

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see a lot of stuff from Stalingrad on ebay.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
it was often females whos husbands and childen were killed that were often turned into snipers by the russians --full of hate and wanting revenge --- since often they felt they had nothing to live for but to "kill the enemy as many as possible"-- they were often very very good at their work.--women have the sit and wait for "ruthless" payback mindset -- often needed for sniping work

native american indains often would give "captured" enemy warroirs to the females of their tribe whose loved ones ( sons, lovers and husbands) were killed in battle with them to "play" with -- it made for a long , slow and painful death.

May 7, 2011
Hi Friends

That is also a great movie. I know a little late but better now than never.

Don Jackson Remington Magnum/Ultramag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread