hammered said:According to the attached link it is a 19thC Navy belt slide, about 16 rows down. I don't know if they are correct in their id or not. I'm sure Cru will confirm or not, nice find by the way
.
http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/B/buckles.htm
hammered
hammered said:According to the attached link it is a 19thC Navy belt slide, about 16 rows down. I don't know if they are correct in their id or not. I'm sure Cru will confirm or not, nice find by the way
.
http://www.colchestertreasurehunting.co.uk/B/buckles.htm
hammered
kuger said:The ones pictured in the two links are belt slides,this one appears to actually be a buckle??

kuger said:The ones pictured in the two links are belt slides,this one appears to actually be a buckle??
Kenosha Kid said:kuger said:The ones pictured in the two links are belt slides,this one appears to actually be a buckle??
Yes, yours does appear to be a buckle. The link I provided was (hopefully) giving clearer details and some additional info (St. Edward's crown) to better track this down.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ouled+anchor+buckle?&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
"When the Merchant Navy started to use the foul anchor device, a crown was added for all naval officers in 1812. The same basic design remains in use today." (granted, the page is about buttons, but it tells of the year the crown was added)
Still searching, but have only found partials and all on the UK site.