Hogtown Hunter

Jan 30, 2020
Florida
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 11" coil on my 600 and thinking about getting the 15". I've seen reviews. Half of them say they are just as happy with the 11" as the 15" and other half say they wouldn't use anything but the 15". I'm searching large areas and would like to cover more ground. Also it supposedly gets better depth. Though a lot of reviews say the better depth is not much if any. Just checking with you guys to get your opinions. Thanks

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the 15" coil for my Nox 800. Honestly, I didn't like it. I don't think it changed depth very much, and it was a pain in the ass to pointpoint stuff.

Maybe others had better luck, but for me the standard coil is better.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After swinging one on my last machine I was cured of wanting one for the nox. Too much on the shoulder for me. While it did make some deep recoveries and still found half reales and 3 cent pieces it left me crippled.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After swinging one on my last machine I was cured of wanting one for the nox. Too much on the shoulder for me. While it did make some deep recoveries and still found half reales and 3 cent pieces it left me crippled.

Use a shoulder harness, I only hunt with large coils, I use a shoulder harness with bungee cord, takes all the weight off your arms.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had one sold it quickly. Nothing wrong with it didn’t give it time. For the amount of time I hunt big spaces I don’t think I need it. Yes a harness makes it manageable. Pinpointing is tricky but I am sure with regular use is fine.
If I began doing large fields often I’d get another

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread