Equinox 800 Wireless Headphones

jebainbridge

Jul 8, 2019
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Garrett Pro Pointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the new machine. You do not need the module or the wireless headphones to operate the unit. A wired set will work fine as long as it has the correct plug.

Why do you not like wireless headphones? That was a big perk when I bought my Nox 800. I also bought the Zlynk headphones for my ATpro. I hate having to be tethered to the machine and fighting the cord while swinging. In the deeper water you have no choice but wired.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to use the Gray Ghost headphones, yes, you will need to use the WM08 module to make them work. I agree with bayoutalker, I love using the wireless headphones that come with the 800. Even though you can use the detector without any headphones, I would never do that. The tones are so important, you don't want to miss the subtle differences between sounds, and the faint sounds you might not hear without the headphones.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to use the Gray Ghost headphones, yes, you will need to use the WM08 module to make them work. I agree with bayoutalker, I love using the wireless headphones that come with the 800. Even though you can use the detector without any headphones, I would never do that. The tones are so important, you don't want to miss the subtle differences between sounds, and the faint sounds you might not hear without the headphones.
The GG headphones won't need the module if they have the correct plug. They can be connected direct to the unit. That's what you do if using it underwater. Bluetooth won't work if the control unit is submerged.

OP
OP
J

jebainbridge

Jul 8, 2019
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies! Really appreciated! I guess it's just personal preference for the wired headphones. What I am used to. I am definitely going to try them out, just wasn't sure if they were absolutely needed for the machine.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven’t used wireless yet with Nox 600...one more thing to keep charged..but whenever I wrap my self up in the cord or can’t stretch far enough I think I want wireless..

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven’t used wireless yet with Nox 600...one more thing to keep charged..but whenever I wrap my self up in the cord or can’t stretch far enough I think I want wireless..
It's no problem to charge it. Just plug it in at the same time as the detector. I think you'll really like not having that cord tangling up all the time.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't fear the invisible cord, it really frees you up out there, charge the headphones when you charge the detector, and if you do forget to charge up, you always have your trusty wired phones as backup. Give 'em a shot.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once you go cordless it's hard to go back!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like my GGs and my Killer Bs, and I do love wireless. You can as others have said use your GGs with the WM08 module which you simply clip to your pant's pocket or belt. The only problem is the WM08 is that it has a 1/8" plug while my GGs and Bs have 1/4" plugs so I had to get an adapter, easily solved. My GG Nugget Buster NDTs came with two cables one with each size connector so they plug right in if I use the other cable they came with. I like the light weight and shape of the factory wireless phones and use them most of the time, I just don't like the tiny control buttons on them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jebainbridge

Jul 8, 2019
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out using the wireless headphones earlier, and I have to say, I am impressed!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread