cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. once you release the adjustable clamp, the shaft(s) can be turned/spinned/telescoped.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. once you release the adjustable clamp, the shaft(s) can be turned/spinned/telescoped.
Correct!
Minelab's new carbon fiber rods on the equinox 700 the 900 and the Manticore are outstanding. The clamps are even better. It folds up to extremely small size in seconds and makes a much firmer machine. Great set up.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 900 with 6” coil on fits neatly in my backpack as I thought it would. With the 11” coil and rotating it parallel to the handle/ control it also fits in my backpack except the controller extends out of it. This still works if I slip a padded control cover on it and zipper the backpack from both sides up to it. The 900 with 11” coil is surprisingly light and well balanced.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently got back into the hobby and upgraded to the 900. The 6 inch coil is fantastic but the 11' coil in my opinion is too wide and has a hard time with separation. I bought the coiltek 10x5 that's actually 9x5 and it seems to be the go between for more coverage and good separation. The 11' coil likes to chatter a lot and make you dig DEEP iron.

On the flip side, I have found my best coins and a lot of civil war relics other folks have missed since purchasing it.
It is a powerful machine but like others have said, the EMI rejection could have been better, and the 11' coil should have been elliptical instead of round.

Get it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread